Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Still on insulin?!

I just had my sleeve done 2/24/15; blood glucose reading were fair in the hospital; started full liquid diet on day 3 and high readings, had to take insulin again. Anyone else experience this? The whole reason I went for this surgery is for getting off of some of my meds and insulin. My doctor said not to lose hope as it may come down with weight loss, but I am so jealous of the diabetics and hypertension patients that came off their meds and stayed off. My stats are: 5'7", HW: 275, Pre-op wt: 260, current wt: 260. :'(

Replies

• cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    You are exactly one week behind me. I started right at 250. My doctors had me go off my metformin during the pre-op clear liquids phase and I have not been back on it since. I am not sure what everyone else's typical experience is, though.

(Also, don't sweat that your pre-op weight and your weight at the time of posting were the same. Mine was, too - it has to do with all the fluids they give you while you're in the hospital. It'll start coming off in no time and you will see a HUGE difference very soon.)