3/1 Day 14 Sunday

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
  Happy 1st of March everyone! It is a new day! A new week! A new Month! So this time we are going to try something new!

Today’s Challenge: Cook something you never have before!

I recommend a traditional dish from Wales! Because today is St David’s Day. Most celebrations include a feast of some sort so there wasn’t a lot to go off of that I could find. So I couldn't figure out a physical challenge for it...Oh well.

Have a happy St David’s Day and post what you make! I wanna see what you guys do!

Replies

• ash6151
    ash6151 Posts: 44 Member
    Trying some broccoli added in the vitamix green smoothies. I guess that counts!
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Prepping meals for the week. New to me: tacos in lettuce instead of taco shells. Here's an option for you all. We call it "make do stew" in our family:
    1 kielbasa, cut in bite size pieces
    6 potatoes, washed and peeled
    8 carrots, washed, peeled, and cut small
    2 onions, cut small (but not diced)
    1 stick butter (don't substitute, you'll need the flavor)
    Salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in large pan on stove top and cook on medium high for 30-45 minutes, until everything is soft and smells awesome :)
  • Marieenya
    Marieenya Posts: 44 Member
    Just a basic one but I had a go at making baked potato with low fat cottage cheese, spring onions, paprika and pepper for lunch and toast (nimble, 50cal per slice, best bread I've found for dieting!) topped with low fat caramelised onion humous.

Delicious! :D
  • debinewb1
    debinewb1 Posts: 50 Member
    I recently saw " Irish Nachos " on a menu so I tried making some only I used baked potato and a wee bit of cheese with green onion & bacon. Then I included Tziki and some avocado--- which made them more multicultural than just Irish Nachos:) Anyhow turned out good and not too many things to break down and count;)
  • Auna37
    Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
    I tried making these mini pot pies. Used Pillsbury crescent rolls and put them in a muffin pan. Filled them with fresh veggies, baked chicken, and some cream of chicken. Baked and topped with low fat cheddar cheese. Not a lot of calories and addicting...
  • myfrazi
    myfrazi Posts: 8 Member
    I tried crispy smashed potatoes...not bad...kinda of high in calories....