Daily Report 2015-03-01

Options
SRJennings
SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
Good morning everyone! And welcome to March!

I had a great swim this morning and have plenty of time for some stretching or actual yoga so today will be a great day.

Unfortunately, I've gained a pound and a half this week. I do not have a solid explanation for why that happened. I did stay on plan, and should have lost 1 pound due to the fact that I had 4000 net calories. All the literature states that if you are able to sustain 3500 cal deficit that you will lose 1 pound. It is all about calories in and calories out. The fact that this has never worked for me makes me angry. So much so, that I actually over ate by almost 200 cal yesterday. LOL, isn't that self-destructive?

I will continue to exercise this week and only eat between the hours of 10 AM and 5 PM. I will also stay on my low-carb plan and keep the ratios in check with 60 -30-10. But if I continue to gain weight and fail miserably I am going to need another plan!

I love hearing about all of your successes! It is uplifting and gives hope to the people who are struggling.

Best,
Susan

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Susan - I am so sorry to hear you are struggling. This is the first time ever I have counted calories and it is working for me. I do think that some things are understated on the calorie database (like my husband had 2 large slices of Pizza hut meat lovers and the one he found said they were 270 each when in fact they were 460 each) I have found a lot of errors. I always double check eating out with their website. Then there is the exercise side. Telling you to eat back the calories when I know they are overestimated. It told me my hikes were giving me 3-4000 extra calories and I knew that was so wrong. You have to find the balance that works for you. I ended up telling MFP that I was very active and took those calories for my total and don't eat back any exercise unless it is extreme, (like 6 hours of hiking and then I let my body tell me what I need. It's usually about 700-1000 extra for those hikes). But I think everyone is different and you have to play with trial and error to find what is right for you. Good luck. I know you can do it.

I'm fighting illness, congestion in my lungs and staying in bed today. (and my family has my birthday dinner planned for tonight) :neutral_face: so sad.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Alisa
  • ElisionJade
    ElisionJade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Alisa - so sorry you're sick make sure to take care of yourself and get better soon!

Susan - don't get too discouraged it could be water weight or a half billion other factors. As long as you're feeling fit and healthy you will get o your goal.

I disappeared for a few days and sorry I haven't checked in, I've had a lot on my min with my daughters school and testing coming up. I did get in a good walk yesterday and sewed a dress for my toddler. Today I slept in and did some housework. Planning fried rice with miso for dinner and hoping to get in some yoga later. I find myself needing to focus more on flexibility.

Keep going everyone!

Jade
  • rissavanwey
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Susan - I have had that happen too, where my diary and such says that I SHOULD be losing weight but instead I've gained. I try to suck it up and move on but ARGH it is sooo frustrating!!! I try to look at the positives - are any of my pants fitting looser? Do I feel better? Can I see any definition where I couldn't before? That at least helps me move out of EAT ALL THE COOKIES mode :)

Also, as a side note, if you've been working out a lot, sometimes your body retains water due to inflammation and such. It's temporary. Maybe try some self-massage to get everything moving in the right direction? I try to do this almost every day; routine is based on dry brushing but those brushes are too pokey for me!
    - Work in gentle circular, upward motions, then longer, smoother strokes.
    - Always begin at the ankles in upwards movements towards the heart - the lymphatic fluid flows through the body towards the heart, so it's important that you brush in the same direction.
    - Your back is the only exception to the preceding rule; brush from the neck down to the lower back.
    - After you've finished with the ankles, move up to the lower legs, thighs, stomach, back and arms.

Alisa - Sorry you're sick! Hopefully you were able to enjoy your birthday dinner at least a little bit!

Jade - Glad you're back! Sounds like you had a super productive Sunday, great job :) Hopefully your daughter does well on her test!

I was an absolute bum today. Slept in...waaaaaaaaaay in...and then went with the boyfriend to pick out some new bass gear (he plays the bass guitar). Then home for a healthy dinner and laundry and now I'm catching up on MFP and prepping for my Tuesday interview. Hopefully I can fall asleep tonight, but it's already midnight and I'm nowhere near sleepy ....

Hope everyone has an awesome first week of March!

- Rissa
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Well I'll start off with I'm sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I was in the woods yesterday hiking with my husband, scoping out some spots for turkey hunting and we got rained on. We had biked about a mile in, walked another 2 miles and then got drenched trying to make it back to the Jeep. It was fun I will admit, and we found a really good place to turkey hunting, deer hunting, and go fishing at.

- Susan, there are a lot of factors that could make our weight fluctuate up or down. Don't stress to much over it, keep doing what you're doing cause it seems to be working just fine.

- Alisa, if you're a tea drinker try some honey and lemon in it. And drink plenty of water and citrus juices (grape fruit and orange). I hope you feel better soon!

- Jade, nice to see you again. I hope your daughters testing goes well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. I wish I could sew but I'm terrible at it, I guess I don't have the patience for it. My husband can sew pretty good though lol, so I guess our (future) kids will go running to him when they need repairs.

- Rissa, sometimes our bodies just need rest (at it will usually let us know too). A time for it to relax and recover while we just take it easy. Don't stress over that interview too much, just remember to smile and be yourself cause that's all the interviewers want to see (and the fact that you're interested in the job of course lol).

Well I'll see y'all later today.

- Kris