Drinking?

Options
Odd question... I am only about 2 weeks out, so drinking liquids (clears + protein shakes). Since I'm not eating (and it's hard to watch my wonderful husband chow down at the table) I have been sitting on the couch while drinking my "meals". Is it just me or does your sleeve fit less when you're curled up on the couch? I noticed some positions I can't seem to drink as much as when I am sitting up properly at a table... Maybe I'm just psyching myself out?

Replies

• janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have not noticed this when I have had snacks. Evan on liquids I sat at the table for meals and had soup or yogurt. I needed to have things feel the same.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Really haven't noticed it with positions, just types of foods.
  • candicevaughn
    candicevaughn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with liquids and food not moving into my pouch. It had to be fixed with a few weeks of medication. If you're having a huge problem in certain positions I would talk to your doctor sooner then later.
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have my post op tomorrow so I am going to mention it. It's an odd thing, if I'm standing or walking I can drink clear liquids like no body's business. When I sit it's like gravity no longer applies. It had been getting better (ironically right after I wrote the post) but better to be safe than sorry
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think at 2 weeks out everything makes a difference. I know I was still struggling to get the fluids down. In the beginning things will be changing fast. I didn't have any problems with my wife eating, I've been just following orders until I loose the weight. I continue to think about what I have gone through to this point, and just can't stop now with 10 pounds to go. Oh yea
  • thin2be2013
    thin2be2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I haven't really notice any odd restrictions with eating in different positions but I do notice that when I am wearing a compression garment to help with what I call "belly jelly" that I cannot eat near as much of anything.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't notice it with liquids as much as solids. If I've had a bite too much and I stretch, using a door frame for a few minutes it tends to help the uncomfortable feeling pass quicker. This may be inadvisable early on as you don't want to pull something.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I did notice that it really helped to sit up straight sometimes as I drank or ate. I think slouching kind of squeezed parts if that makes sense.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    yep, swallow a too firm solid and it is time to take a walk around the block-sitting not a possibility
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My paperwork said not to lay down for at least 45 minutes after eating or whatever. I think they pretty much want you upright so things pass thru a little easier. I've tried to make sense of it and that's about the best reason I can come up with. I agree with klcovington also.