23, F, 5'7 CW: 180 GW: 160

Options
laparker517
laparker517 Posts: 16 Member
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a partner with similar stats to help motivate each other! A little about me:
I'm a busy grad student studying social work full time and also working full time as an in home therapist. My days are long and I have difficulty with motivating myself to work out after a 12 hour day. I am very positive and would love to help out someone who is also on this difficult journey!

Replies

• amandagnaedinger
    Options
    Hi! We may not be similar in stature (I'm 5'1 and 116 lbs), but I'm also a grad student looking for someone to help keep me motivated even though I'm busy pretty much every hour of every day. my goal is not necessarily to lose weight. I want to lose fat and gain muscle so my weight probably wont change too much. Nor should i get below 105. But I gained 20 lbs since starting law school and that was purely in pizza and beer. I want to get stronger and fit into my work pants again. I find it much easier when i have a partner in crime that I cant convince that I have too much work to do and cant work out. What sort of work outs do you do what about food (as in do you have any special diet like vegetarian/keto/pescitarian)?
  • Tizwiz7
    Tizwiz7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have similar stats. I'm 25 and 5'6. My start weight was 180, now 177. My goal weight is 154. Like you I find it hard to get motivated after a long day at work as I feel too drained and want some 'me' time-which usually involves something sedentary like reading, writing or blogging.

My diet plan is to reduce my intake of sugar, stodgy carbs and processed foods and up my intake of protein, fruit and veg. I'm vegetarian so getting enough protein can be tricky and I think I crave sugary foods because of this. I haven't started my exercise plan yet, as I'm trying to build up enough confidence and energy. But I plan to start swimming and Zumba in a couple of weeks, which I used to really enjoy.

Once I've started to lose a bit of weight, I plan to gradually introduce some light weight training to help me build a bit of muscle and tone up. I might introduce some non-cardio activities like yoga or something to help my wellbeing overall too.

What are your plans? Feel free to add me as a friend!

~Tizzy