Tell me why you breastfeed.

Options
dessiepenn
dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
Sure society might pressure moms to breastfeed more then ever before due to all the studies and benefits of breastfeeding but is there something special to you that you choose to breastfeed.
I'm a mother to two. They are 18 months apart. I breastfed my daughter for 13 months (stopped because pregnancy was causing my nipples to be sore) and I'm currently breastfeeding my new son. I loved waking up in the morning, making a cup of coffee and breastfeeding my daughter. It was our monument together before the rush of the day started. I hope to have that with my son too once I return to work.
Tell us what you love.

Replies

• elvenbeauty18
    elvenbeauty18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I breastfeed because I know better now than I did with my oldest son. I love the bond that it has created between my daughter and I. I love that I am needed and that I can give her something that is so precious to her. I am amazed at my ability to sustain life and the strength that it has given me. I feel confident in my thoughts and actions, especially when it comes to sticking up for my rights and the rights of my children.
  • yayasommers
    yayasommers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Besides all the benefits and that connection it gives us... I breast feed because I'm too lazy to get up in the middle of the night to prepare a bottle. I love not having to carry formula and water with me everywhere I go. I breastfeed because it's super convenient lol
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I actually dreaded breastfeeding again...I do it because I know it gives my girls a good start. I was a heavy kid that always struggled with weight. I know they are less likely to be obese as children or adults. Less likely to have allergies, get sick, have childhood cancer, diabetes, etc.

I forgot how sweet it can be. My baby girl is just so excited to nurse. I can tell she misses me when I've been gone working. I love to hold her and snuggle her and see her get all sleepy when her belly is full.

I still have days where I struggle with it. I hate pumping. She has started to gum my nipple when my milk runs out *yikes!*. I had super sore/bleeding nipples in the beginning.. but I know I'm doing what is best for her so I can overcome it.
  • shawleerenae
    shawleerenae Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I breastfeed for the obvious reasons, but I LOVE the connection we have.I love that I am able to give my baby everything he needs with my body. Plus, I'm cheap and refuse to buy formula and too lazy to make bottles in the middle of the night.
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (mainly) and the fact that it is perfect nutrition.
  • newmommy654
    newmommy654 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do it because i just wanted to. I knew it was better. I understand the need for formula ( i had to use with daughter some) but im a logic person. I feel like if i can feed, then i SHOULD feed. Thats me personal. Why do fake when have real
  • xblue07
    xblue07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I breastfeed because it's free! I also love being able to bond with my squish, and washing bottles isn't fun. I lost my supply early with my oldest because my diet and water consumption were terrible. But I'm glad to be able to have made it 3 months with my youngest now and hopefully we make it to at least 6.
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Besides all of the added health benefits for baby it's my way to slow down and appreciate my beautiful child :)
  • elvenbeauty18
    elvenbeauty18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I breastfed because I love the bond it creates between my children and I. I breastfed to show my other children what the human female body is capable of. I want to see it normalized. And I am too cheap to buy formula.