eating back calories??? confused :(

Options
I posted this in another group and haven't got any answers.Someone on my Pcos group on FB said that if I am working out and for example eat 1200 calories a day then say I burn 200 from walking that I should not eat the calories back cause then I won't lose weight and its like I did nothing. I have also heard that I should eat the calories back and it will help me lose weight. I am a bit confused and need it straightened out so I know how I can help myself lose the extra weight from PCOS:smile::huh:

Replies

• kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have heard both side on eating and not eating exercise calories back. I do not lose weight very fast at all, so the past 2 months I have not been eating my exercise calories back and the scale hasn't budged too much, but it never really does anyway. I think starting in July I am going to starting eating at least half of my exercise calories back to see if it makes a difference. With PCOS, our bodies already are broken from all the hormone imbalances and crap like that, we may never be able to stick to always eating our exercise calories back or not eating them. We might always need to keep modifying things. Good luck and I know I didn't answer your question, but hopefully someone else responds with a more definite answer.
  • staceyloukelly
    Options
    I exercise 1-2 hours everyday, exercise bike, kettlebells, walking and aerobic steps (i know its a lot but its working) and i have lost 14lbs in 4 weeks and have gone from 20-22 to 16-18 i do not eat back my calories i'm on a very controlled carb eating plan as i have type 2 diabetes that i'm well on the way to reversing.