women's lifting gear - help

Options
I need help getting my booty jacked up on booty workout day is tougher and tougher... I don't want to constantly wear a weight vest. I'm at the point that holding barbell/dumbbells are too heavy.

I'm going to get myself some lifting hooks so I can hold onto heavier.

Any ladies recommend a small pair of lifting hooks? I have very tiny hands.

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Straps would help, but it might also be time to work on grip strength. Hanging on a bar, or just lifting up a bar, two dumbbells or two kettlebells and holding them for as long as you can would help.

What exercise in particular are you referring to? I'd assume deadlifts as that is the only one where grip failure ever comes into play for me.
  • leahkite
    leahkite Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Isn't everyday booty day? ;) I have no experience with lifting hooks. But what kind of grip are you using?
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Farmer carries are really helpful in developing grip strength. Try walking around with the 53s or 70s.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    If grip is the issue, I’d work on grip. And in the meantime you’d probably do better with straps. When I was bodybuilding, I used straps a lot (I did forearm work, so grip wasn’t a priority). Straps will give you all the grip assistance you’ll ever need.