Your medal

Options
Capt_Apollo
Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
where did you hang it? i hope you all hung it somewhere where you can see it on a regular basis.

did you take it to work? maybe it's in a drawer with all your work out clothes, so when you open it, you can fondly remember why you're doing this.

it is three hundred and sixty days until next years spartan race. i know i am riding high off this race, and i know many of you are too. but we will come down, and might need a little reminder of why we are doing this.

so, where is your spartan medal.

PS: you should totally put the spartan shirt into the work out rotation.

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    It's hanging in my bedroom. Thanks for the reminder to look at it. You're completely right!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm going to frame all the medals with the still dirty bib once I get my trifecta, I put my bib in the envelope and I took it off before showering.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Sadly I didn't get to run the race with y'all on Saturday (not for lack of trying but my body had other ideas).

I wore my race shirt from last year's Fenway Spartan Time Trial to the surgery that kept me out of last week's race. It's also in regular rotation in my gym bag. My medal is on my desk at work. When things get difficult here as they are wont to do... well, I remind myself what I'm made of. Pure Spartan.

This is a great topic, Danny. Thanks for posting it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    LOL....

Mine is hanging with all my credentials on my mirror.

I have 7 or 8 major concert photo backstage passes, 3 Fashion Week photog cred sets, 2 coterie presenter cred sets, and my spartan medal, all dangling together from my mirror frame. Like... seriously Im SUCH a girl.

I have this GIGANTIC chalkboard wall in my bedroom with all my current stats and a cardio tracker and at the top is this big countdown to Spartan that Ive been updating up to last saturday.

Where the "0 days" is written, there's now a muddy race bib tacked....
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I have a wall coat rack that has all my medals on it. It's very unorganized. I still haven't figured out how/which ones I want to display.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    I have mine on my shelf with all my sports memorabilia... My OJ Anderson signed footballs, Sam Huff, Chase Blackburn, Rodney Hampton, All the things kids teams gave me for coaching the last couple of years... the Medal is hanging right in the middle of it all.... I put the bib with the one I got from my first 5k Tunnel to Tower run...

I plan on wearing my shirt to the gym tomorrow for deadlift day!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im wearing mine Monday. When I restart 5-3-1 and allow myself just to be in love with lifting for a few months and not worrying about training for anything. Just hit the gym four days a week for as many months as I want.

#freetolift
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Mine is hanging at my office, right at the entrance. I see it out of the corner of my eye all day long. I'm eventually going to frame it with my still-muddy bib, and will hang it in my bathroom, where I pack my workout clothes every night.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I haven't put it up yet because I'm in a temporary living situation and my work term ends in a month-ish, but when I move to Manhattan in the fall, I'm going to hammer a nail into the wall and hang it! Maybe something fancier when I have more money in the bank.

I'm super sad about my race bib! I threw it off in the middle of the mud crawl. I was feeling sick and didn't want to get stuck with pins. Next time I'll keep it!

I brought my Spartan Race shirt to wear to the Planet Fitness today! I'm gunna limp my way in with my big clunky ankle boot and look like a total bada$$ while I get my Popeye on (Arms day erryday FTW!). I may even get my Navratilova on again, seeing as it's T-10 days until my membership is officially cancelled!