Misfit Shine App + Walgreens App = Balance Rewards $$

WhistlingGirl
WhistlingGirl Posts: 23
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Just a PSA - I was playing with the Misfit Shine app and discovered that by syncing up my Shine with the Walgreens phone app, I can earn Balance Reward points just for wearing my Shine. Balance Rewards is Walgreens existing Customer Loyalty program.

I got 250 points for syncing up the Shine. I got another 250 points for syncing up MyFitnessPal. Going forward, my Shine should earn me 20 points per day up to 500 points in a month. That's if I understood the rules correctly.

To translate those points into dollars, you need 5000 points to earn a $5 Walgreens gift card. But, I'm wearing the tracker anyway and I do shop and have my prescriptions filled at Walgreens. So, free money!

Last year, I earned enough Balance Rewards points filling prescriptions at Walgreens that I was able to get all my Trick-or-Treating candy for free. Which, come to think of it, is probably one of the reasons I'm on a diet now! :wink:

Replies

• P.S. This program is Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices, if you're looking for it on the Walgreens website.

Rules:
    Total combined limit of 500 points/month.
    Total combined limit of 1,000 points/month for walking, running or cycling.
    Daily limit of 20 points for other Fitness activities (1 award/day).
    Daily limit of 20 points for weigh-ins (1 award/day).
    Daily limit of 20 points for blood pressure readings (1/day).
    Daily limit of 40 points for blood glucose readings(2/day).
    Daily limit of 20 points for logging NRT* use (1/day) and one-time award, 250 points each, when you pledge to quit and set a quit date online.

• hoard23r
    hoard23r Posts: 60 Member
    Hey that's great I shop there all the time but does it work with flash too??
  • WhistlingGirl
    WhistlingGirl Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Let me see if I can't get some screenshots tonight. I believe I set it up on my phone. Otherwise I can for sure get screenshots from the laptop via the Walgreens site.
  • Alright. Here are the screen shot / instructions for hooking it up on a desktop or laptop PC running windows. My browser is Chrome, but that shouldn't impact it much.

1. Go to the Walgreens website and login. From there, you will be forwarded to the "Your Account" page. On the upper right hand side of that page, there's a link to the Balance Rewards program that I marked with an arrow below. That's where you want to click.

bicah595dn0x.png

2. This will take you to a page titled "Home>Balance Rewards". This page has two navigation tabs under the page title. You will want to click on the tab labelled "Program Details". Here's a picture with the correct tab marked with a red arrow.

th316acx514u.png

3. On the "Program Details" tab, select the link called "Balance Rewards for healthy choices". On my page, it's in the lower right hand corner.

jlxfw2edq7o5.png

4. Clicking the link described in step three should bring you to a page titled "Home>Pharmacy & Health>Health Dashboard" On this page, you will want to select the link to "Programs and Apps" that's marked with a red arrow.

You will notice in my screenshot, that I have already linked my Shine & MyFitnessPal - so the screen grab may look a bit different.

8dyoc0zpxmqt.png

5. On the "Devices and Apps" page, it's pretty easy to connect the Shine & MFP by selecting the big "Connect" button to the right of your desired device.

Note, I've already linked. So my screenshot is a bit different.

ub8iut2xmo8c.png

I've already earned 1500 points since I post this a week ago. Happy earning!
  • gracenorthcutt
    gracenorthcutt Posts: 43 Member
    Awesome! Thanks!