Daily Check-In

Options
electriq
electriq Posts: 359 Member
This is my little idea in response to the wishing this group were more active thread.

Thought we could come by, and check in once a day, perhaps share what exercise we've done that day, how we're doing with logging, sticking to calorie limit etc, or whatever you like!

Perhaps share a little about ourselves as a way of connecting and discovering what we have in common and finding ideas for further threads...

About me...

I'm doing fairly well today, I went for a 3.7mi (6km) run on the treadmill this morning followed by some lower body weights. It's been a long time since I belonged to a gym but since I moved to Toronto and the weather has been truly awful (certainly not what I'm used to anyway!) I thought I'd try it out again and have been making the most of the variety on offer.

Yesterday I went to a Yoga class for the first time in many many years, really enjoyed it and plan to go back next week.

The last few days we have been in the plusses (celcius) and boy have I been enjoying the sunny relatively warm weather, such a luxury not to have a sore face while outside!

What about you? How's things? Whats happening in your exercise, health or just everyday world?

Replies

• stevescott349
    stevescott349 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Another good day for me. I weigh tomorrow. After eating well for 10 days, I am feeling much better & optimistic.
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am headed out the door now for my first water arobics class in a few years. This one is free, offered weekly at U of M Flint. I'm excited.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    hey! no workout yet for me today but i have roller derby practice in the evening for a few hours. i've been making pretty poor food choices as of late so i want to try to get back to it.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm a little too chocolate focussed for my liking today so far. Ahhhh!

Wow, interesting. Water aerobics, roller derby, what other activities do we have represented here?
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got in a 2.5 mile walk in the park plus a 30-minute elliptical workout. Today, I'm hoping to make it to the gym to do some strength training, but I may not have time to escape from my desk at work. I will take my kids to the pool tonight, which we do every Tuesday. I don't count it as exercise on MFP, but it usually involves an hour or so of splashing and dog paddling and "swimming" in a way that I hope burns some calories!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Today im just struggling to get my steps in, I work in customer service and its hard being attached to a headset all day! But my department's bathroom is down so that's encouraged a little extra walking to find another lol.
  • robbie_1982
    robbie_1982 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

I thought it would be a great idea to hit the gym at 7am this morning, so up at 5:30, hit the gym with the trainer at 7 and had a great day at work where I was on it and got loads done. Weigh in tomorrow, everyone have a great day! (Great idea for a post electriq!).
  • kraigiark
    kraigiark Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started school back up on Monday after a long hiatus. It was tough to get my workout in yesterday but today I got a workout and a 4.4k run in!! Wahoo!
  • rebolaugh
    Options
    Wow, good job everyone!! I ended up staying in tonight and overate tons of junk food. and now feel gross and too full. HOWEVER, I logged the calories and will return to normal, healthy eating tomorrow. And I'll check back in here tomorrow. So thanks to you all for giving me a reason to keep myself accountable.
  • prayersinchairs
    prayersinchairs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the insanity work outs, did mine for the day, going to do some yoga later. Tomorrow is my weigh in day. Wish me luck.
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I did nothing this morning because I had a morning appointment with Enterprise/car shop to trade in my beaten up car for a rental :D however, I did do my counter push-ups and different types of crunches regimen that I do at home at least a couple times a week.
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hiho! I just had a little walk in my lunch break...nothing spectacular, but at least some exercise and movement (I'm working from home right now, so the daily amount of walking is not that high...). I kinda plan on doing that now on a daily basis. :+1:
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Good morning all! Its a slow day in the office and I have so much energy I don't even know what to do with myself! I just wanna get up and move. Going with babe tomorrow to walk around the Marina though so that will be nice :)
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Tomorrow is my weigh in day. Wish me luck.

Good luck! "The scale is a gauge, not the all over goal" Just remember the goal is to be healthy and to feel great about yourself! :)

• ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I completed a 30 minute cardio session then worked chest today. it was supposed to include triceps buuuut i overslept. so no time. i'll tack them onto another day.
  • robbie_1982
    robbie_1982 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've had a good day actually.
    Up early and went for a 4.5 mile run
    Lost 7lbs
    Work was good and found myself very productive
    Lost 7lbs
    We had a charity day for Comic Relief (we are busy over the next few days) and I had the smallest cup cakes as I felt I had to help charity!
    Lost 7lbs
    Went for a steam after work and on the way home bumped into my other half and had a nice chat on the bus on the way home.
    Did I mention that I lost 7lbs?
  • rebolaugh
    Options
    I've had a good day actually.
    Up early and went for a 4.5 mile run
    Lost 7lbs
    Work was good and found myself very productive
    Lost 7lbs
    We had a charity day for Comic Relief (we are busy over the next few days) and I had the smallest cup cakes as I felt I had to help charity!
    Lost 7lbs
    Went for a steam after work and on the way home bumped into my other half and had a nice chat on the bus on the way home.
    Did I mention that I lost 7lbs?

Hey, you lost 7 lbs! That's fantastic! :)
  • rebolaugh
    Options
    I've had a good day also. Went to the Y for a workout -- 10 min. arc trainer, 20 min. walking on treadmill at an incline and some push ups, planks, circuit training. Also got in a 3-mile walk during my lunch break. It is gorgeous and 70 degrees here today! Yogurt with fruit for b-fast, salad for lunch, just had a protein bar and will probably have some leftover chili with a baked potato for dinner.
  • shamrocker182
    Options
    Had a better work out than I expected today. I went to the pool to do an hour at a leisure pace, but there was this girl there who was like part dolphin or something, she was killing it. I felt the silent pressure to keep up so I ended up doing 30min of the hardest swimming of my life. Kudos to her though, it must be sweet being a mermaid.
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My dissertation deadline is coming up next week so I've been locked in the library at uni for the past few days. Not had time to go to the gym and with a Subway being located right next door I've been eating a little over my limit recently (my salt is way higher than usual!)

*At least* I've not stepped foot in the McDonald's that is also next to the library yet...even though it smells sooo good :(