Mexican restaurant

Options
NikonPal
NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
I just thought I'd share this...

Someone reminded me of Mexican food today and I thought of a Cantina Laredo gift card I have been holding onto for about a year. I tried repeatedly to get their nutrition info locally (and at their hdqtrs) to pre-plan eating, but couldn't get anything until a search turned up some info out of their Philly location using this link:

http://www.cantinalaredo.com/our-menu/?menu=mainmenu#menu

When I saw: Chimichanga de pollo Poblano (Stuffed with chicken, poblano pepper, cheese and topped with a ranchero sauce. 1850cal , 40sat fat ,0 trans fat, 121carb, 4960mg sodium). I decided to wait a bit (LOL).

I figured with table chips/salsa, drink, dessert etc. I'd easily eat over 2 days of target calories in a single meal.

Now that I am in maintenance, I might just get a couple "to-go" meals to bring home and split up for a couple days and share with my wife.

Replies

• awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mexican is one of my two favorites. I don't go often because I have to have A HUGE amount of self control and will power, but when my family does go, my husband and I split fajitas. The portion sizes are just way to big to have in one sitting. I also don't have any chips, because if I eat one, I will eat the whole basket.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    awhitley wrote: »
    Mexican is one of my two favorites. I don't go often because I have to have A HUGE amount of self control and will power, but when my family does go, my husband and I split fajitas. The portion sizes are just way to big to have in one sitting. I also don't have any chips, because if I eat one, I will eat the whole basket.

WOW - That is me exactly. There are certain meals that I have to be prepared for. Until MFP I never really added things up - but re-fried beans, fried chips etc. whew. While I am not tempted by just any pizza there is one restaurant known to serve the best in the city -- and I have to really fight my urges.

Sounds like a great plan you have going - my wife has always been willing to share, but I was always afraid I would get enough LOL. I am now accustomed to much smaller portions, so sharing is what we do a lot of - recently.