New to the Group...Introduction

Options
Sharntel50
Sharntel50 Posts: 7 Member
Hello everyone,

My name is Sharn. I downloaded the app a couple of years ago and never used it. Now I have a Vivofit and thought I would like the two. I am a diabetic and I need to lose weight and get healthy in order to get off of the insulin. Obtainable goal but I need help which is why I am here. I am hoping that your post and communication will help to keep me motivated and accountable to myself.

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharn, and welcome to the group! Take advantage of the information and support in the groups and forums. Yes, your goal is VERY obtainable. I strongly recommend focusing on your health instead of weight loss. It's a great way to stay on track w/out getting discouraged when the number on the scale doesn't move.

Wishing you all the best!
  • lisa0506
    lisa0506 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My name is Lisa and I am also diabetic on a quest to get off insulin. Just a couple of months ago I was taking about 250 units of insulin a day. I have been able to reduce that amount to about 100 units a day and I have lost 23 pounds in about 2 1/2 months. I would love to be able to encourage each other in our get off insulin goal.
  • __hardy27
    __hardy27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm RaShawnda and I'm new to MFP. I'm 31 with a 5yr old Daughter who is trying to healthy and kick old bad habits!!! Looking for some motivating friends ends to help on this journey!!!! My Overall goal is to loose 32 lbs and lower my body fat percent