Fitbit Calorie Adjustment: Steps vs. Don't Track Steps

alliefiorini
alliefiorini Posts: 11 Member
Hello!

I've been using MFP since 2012 and just got a Fitbit Charge HR. After connecting the two, I have the entry under exercise that says "Fitbit Calorie Adjustment." I understand what this is, but if you log into the app and click on "more", you can also click on steps. It tells me that I can use my Fitbit to sync steps with MFP, or I could opt not to track steps. Regardless of what I have selected, I have an entry under exercise for Fitbit. If click the option to track steps, I get a pretty little icon next to it, whereas if I opt not to track steps, it's just an entry like anything else.

My question is, what's the difference? I get a calorie adjustment either way. My concern is I will eat too many calories! LOL!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Does your MFP app track steps by use of the phone's accelerometer, or does it receive steps your Fitbit has seen and syncs over.
    That's the difference.

MFP's steps aren't used by Fitbit for calculating your daily burn.

You should have had the option to track steps prior to the Fitbit sync also, because the MFP steps are there no matter what else you have synced up.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    And no, you won't be eating too many, likely underestimated anyway.