Inositol

Options
13»

Replies

• cdr7916
    cdr7916 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found that the inositol (in powder form) helps with weight loss in any significant way? and if so, at what dose? although 600 mg is the starting dose I've noticed that people are taking much higher doses in order to achieve desired results. I was wondering if a higher dose will aid with weight loss.
  • cdr7916
    cdr7916 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found that the inositol (in powder form) helps with weight loss in any significant way? and if so, at what dose? although 600 mg is the starting dose I've noticed that people are taking much higher doses in order to achieve desired results. I was wondering if a higher dose will aid with weight loss.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    cdr7916 wrote: »

I don't know if it truly "helps me lose weight" by itself...but I do know it helps me "curb carb cravings" which are a major struggle for weight-loss to me. This is in addition to other benefits I see from it like, better sleep, less anxiety, etc. My weight loss success is better on Inositol, partly due to less consuming of carbs, but also probably by the better sleep, hormone regulation, etc.

I started with the recommended dosage on the package & worked my way up to a place I saw benefits. I take 5.0 g total a day (2.5 in AM & 2.5 in pm).
  • stacicali
    stacicali Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Here's a handy site if you'd like to view what dosages researchers used in which studies: http://examine.com/supplements/Inositol/

An important note is if you use the combo of myo inositol and d chiro inositol, make sure it's a 40:1 ratio especially if you're trying to conceive. That ratio improves egg quality whereas too much of or d chiro alone has been associated with poorer egg quality.

To the op: I take the combination and have found that it helps with my mood, cravings, and facial oiliness. Good stuff - no known interactions (it was formerly classified as a vitamin) and the only side effect is potential for looser stools at high doses (usually 12 g or higher a day.)
  • mmstone13
    mmstone13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried Ovisitol? I just started it yesterday. I have had 1 AF since having my son two years ago! Hoping this, coupled with diet and exercise will help. Anyone experience with this specific combination brand?
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Reading all these positive stories makes me want to start back up taking this. I wonder if my jar is still good...
  • BT_rescuemom
    Options
    Woot! Checked my package and it doesn't expire until 2019! Now, to remember to take it.
  • BT_rescuemom
    Options
    So...it is sweet tasting. Maybe I can make a Ketoaid with it?
  • stacicali
    stacicali Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes - pleasantly sweet tasting but doesn't negatively affect your blood sugar.