The cost of NOT logging

GBrady43068
GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
I joined MFP October 2013 at a weight of 264 pounds.

I was pretty diligent with my logging of food and exercise. Sometimes I got that "You were under" message and other times it was just "Oh well at least you logged...". Sometimes I stayed green in all my macros...but usually I went into the red on at least a couple of them. Some days I did better with my water intake than others.

From that starting point, I dropped down to a low of 210.0 at my last logged weigh-in on 10/04.
Then I stopped logging (and logging ON to MFP).

I became active again on MFP on 03/01 because I knew I'd slacked over the holidays this past year. But I only expected to have picked up 4-5 pounds.

The 03/01 weigh-in was 231.9...a cost of almost 20 pounds (18.3 if you want to be anal retentive about it)

Oh and I lost 1.7 at my weigh-in yesterday because...you guessed it, I've started to log in and pay attention to what I'm stuffing in my gob...and when I'm spending too much time pasted to the couch. I'm still far from perfect (you can see a LOUSY day in my logging this week...) but I know that I will lose that 18.3 and work back toward my end goal of 150...because I know what worked before will work again (as long as I "work it").

TLDR:
NOT logging= becoming fat
logging=losing/becoming more fit