I've actually learned a little...

Options
loriloftness
loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
Today my company had an all-employee meeting. 2 co-workers were given special recognition for stepping in when their department was short-staffed and taking on extra work to keep them going. Well, my co-worker and I have been helping out another dept, at their request, for 6 weeks now along w/doing our own work. That dept head didn't thank us at all-- likely because he didn't want to admit how far behind they are. Anyway, my co-worker and I were pretty p*ssed since we have been busting our butt to keep them afloat. The point of this whole story is that prior to surgery, I would have used this disappointment/irritation as an excuse to stuff my face with every calorie-laden food item I could get my hands on. Today, I not only didn't do that, it didn't even cross my mind to do that. I have everyone here to thank for that, because reading your thoughts about "mindful" eating seems like it is sinking into my head. I didn't sabotage myself.

Replies

• SkinnyDevi
    SkinnyDevi Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making good decisions!
  • Ldizzle82
    Ldizzle82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Your awesome. Keep it up!
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
    Sorry you guys weren't recognized for your hard work. That is sucky
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You took a disappointing situation and turned it into a positive! You rock girl!!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Way cool of you to keep your head on straight and not let their problems affect you.
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    STRONG work! I think this is the most challenging aspect…overcoming the emotional triggers that don't get removed with surgery.
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome hurdle to overcome. Anything having to do with work stress can be enough to push someone over the edge! WTG for not giving in to that stress.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hey-- great job on taking care of you and being mindful!
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You just made my day, thanks for posting
  • TryingTeresa
    TryingTeresa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I completely understand! You are amazing to take care of yourself and not let it get to you!
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I recently lost my job of 15 years. It was incredibly hard. I have a 2 hour drive from my office, and on the way back from collecting my office things, I thought about all the horrible things I'd like to eat on the way home...old "wake me up" snacks. Instead, I stopped at a Goodwill to clothes shop since I always seem to need something. I left with 2 shirts then it hit me.

I just replaced food therapy with retail therapy! I hated shopping before, but I'll take it!!

Proud of you for making the right choice and helping out your fellow coworkers!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good for your for turning a bad situation into a victory!