Daily Report 2015-03-12

Options
SRJennings
SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
Hello,

I did not write anything here yesterday but I do love to read your posts!

Alisa - I got my FitBit for Christmas and enjoyed using it in a passive way and checking the results on my computer all during January. The sleep tracking option if fabulous! It has really helped my quantify my awake/sleep patterns.(night sweats plague me)
- Then in early Feb, I joined My Fitness Pal and learned to LOVE my FitBit. The software links seamlessly! You actually see your steps tracked right on the MY HOME page of MFP and when you log anything into MFP it is automatically picked up by the FitBit software. I still check into the FitBit software to check times of intensity and to edit actual sleep times. The combo of the two programs is wonderful.

Now. To your question of accuracy...I would say that it gives a great estimation of your activity depending on how you set it up. It is incredibly motivating! As a swimmer, my fitbit does not log anything so I had no intention of using it as a workout log. But what actually happened was that one day I made 10,000 steps and I WAS HOOKED! Now, I try really hard to hit 10,000 on my non-swim days and it has really increased my time in motion.

My model does not track heart rate so I have no opinion on that.

I completed 30 min on the stair master and I am going to a 10:00 yoga class! It turns out that an instructor is a new member at our church and she gives a class 2 days a week. Isn't that awesome?

I had a big weight loss this week but the scale took some of it back this morning...Still I am moving generally in the right direction and have hope!

Have a great day!
Susan

Replies

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Morning,

I'm having a pretty good day so far. Got in a good 15min. circuit this morning and I have a nice 45 min. circuit workout planned out for this afternoon. I have my meals planned for today, I just haven't logged them yet but I'm about to do that. I have finally come to the conclusion that my goals on MFP were set wrong, well they were correct until I started to intensify my workouts. My running is still slowly increasing, I made it 3 miles yesterday but only stopped because I needed to start dinner not because I was tired, and I've been working out harder with my weights, I'm even planning on getting some heavier plates and maybe a bar this weekend. So because of this I realized that I probably wasn't eating enough so I changed my MFP goals to match my physical goals.

I'm going to play around a bit with my calories for a while though to see what works best. According to most of the research I've done, some weight loss will happen but muscle gains will slowly replace that (especially after I get heavier weights lol). I keep getting some conflicting views from the "lifters" here on MFP but I'm going to stick with the plan I've got and I'll tweak it when needed.

Exercise is like telling your body, "you're going to hate me for this, but you'll thank me for it later."

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Stay strong everyone, can't wait to hear about ya'lls day.

~ Kris
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info Susan and congrats on the weight loss. Keep with it and those stolen lbs will be gone again by next weigh in.

I think everyone has to tweek their mfg goals here and there to get the right combination. I am confused about weight lifting also but I'm still just starting out.

I got home last night and transplanted my little seedlings. Got up this morning and did 30 min. of weight lifting. It feels great! I have my food ready to go and have a full of teaching today.

DISCIPLINE is doing what you know needs to be done,even though you don't want to.

Have a wonderful day!
    Alisa
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hi beautiful ladies,

I'm late today, it's been a weird day.

I did:

-15 mins strenght training
    -40 mins yoga
    -20 mins walk

For the first time in a long time I haven't been hungry today. Not that I'm usually hungry A LOT but I do feel hunger throughout the day especially at night but today... nothing. Interesting, I'm curious to see how it's gonna be tomorow.
  • rissavanwey
    Options
    Hello lovelies!! You guys are doing a great job....keep it up! I've been layin low, not staying anywhere near my daily goals, since the BF and I have been running amok. Haven't made the best choices the last couple weeks and the scale shows it. On Monday I was all LES GO! Track all the things! But can't seem to get it together. I need to buckle down and stick to the menu I have planned out, and also avoid the coke and chips. :-/

Keep being awesome, see yall tomorrow!