U thought the squat challenge was over! 6/6

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.oxygenmag.com/training/delts-glutes-and-thighs-oh-my/

Now this really seems challenging to me because to keep my arms up?!?! Whew! And to be coordinated and balanced! HA! We will see how I do with these!

Peace,
WW

Bonus round! If you think that is a breeze do this very brief but challenging Tabata workout! I did it and sadly I was whooped!!!!!
http://www.oxygenmag.com/video/tabata-workout/

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Did the squats with Awesome Trainer on Monday (those babies were hard!... but I made it through) it was mostly hard on the arms. Can't check out the Tabata routine at work to see if it's something I can try (work gave it the no no screen) so will have to check it at home, but will be training with Super Trainer today since she's back from vacay so may not make it to the Tabata today... tomorrow though... I may need a rainy day workout and that may just fit!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have horrible balance, so maybe no weights for me. I'll see how I do with my arms up.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I will give it a go tonight when I do my squats. Today's challenge is 135. Last night I was huffing to do 130.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Will have to try the squats after work tonight. The Tabata - yeah - done some version of that for 20 mintues every T/Th. We do an exercise 8 times through with 10 secs in between each set and then a minute between that group and the next. We ususally do at least 4 groups. I can never look at the clock so I'm not sure but I think it's at least 4 minutes for each group. My tongue is always dragging. And then we are right into core. Tabata is a nice quick workout for when you don't have much time for anything else.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I sort of did both of these separately yesterday.

2 sets each leg 15 Bulgarian Split Squats (with 70 lbs)
    2 sets 11 Overhead Dumbbell Press (with 100 lbs)

I think I'm good for the day.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have horrible balance, so maybe no weights for me. I'll see how I do with my arms up.

I think that is a great idea! Or use very light weights like 2 lbs
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I did it! I did 3 sets of 20 reps with five pound weights. It was getting a little rough on the last set but I was also doing lunges between sets to non-stop. You can do it, Gang!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Done. But I did an upper body workout just before so I didn't do any weights.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Not done :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    Got a sample call at 1, sample came at 3, called Super Trainer to reschedule since wouldn't be done til 6:30-7, didn't hear back until about 6, Super Trainer had just gotten home from her trip (she was supposed to be home Wed but between problems with the plane, she didn't get back to the states until yesterday, then had delays because of the tropical storm) so no training yesterday... we have rescheduled for today as long as I don't get any samples (not too sure that this will happen, we've gotten calls about samples every day this week, the first three we ended up not getting, then we got one yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if we got another one today)