Howdy!

Options
Julesbait
Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
Hi! I'm Julie, but you can call me Jules. I'm rather new to the Body Beast program, and I thought it would be nice to have our own group to come to and discuss and ask questions, rather than sifting through the forums looking for posts. (Maybe I'm just lazy, though.) (OK, no maybes about it.)

Anyway, always great to make new friends with the same interests. Introduce yourself, settle in, have some fun! :)

Replies

• ravens_claw
    ravens_claw Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Heya Julsie!!! I'll join in the fun. I've done this program twice already and achieved pretty good success. I know I'll be doing this many times more. Beast up, Girl! You rock :)

EDIT: Just noticed this was my first post! hahaha
  • stevewatsonjr
    stevewatsonjr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Doing BB with my wife. Just finished Week 5. Loving the bulk phase! So far gained about 7 pounds, but dropped a bit with my BF%. Beast up!
  • stevesfoods
    stevesfoods Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    in my last 3 weeks of BB and happy with the results but really looking forward to my fave P90X/Insanity hybrid.
  • traciredjo
    traciredjo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Traci on week 4 of BB love it!!!! Really glad to meet all of you!!! Along with Beast I am doing some Turbofire Hiits and Brazil Butt Lift for some extra booty work.
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Second round of body beast and loving it! Feel free to add me!
  • michproca
    michproca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in my second week of Build. So, I just started and wondering if I should increase weights that I am lifting. The most I use is a 10 pound (the next highest we have is 25# which I can't manage). Depending on the exercise, it isn't always a struggle to lift this amount. I'm wondering if I should buy a 15# so I can be challenged. Not looking to bulk up--just more definition and increase metabolism. Any thoughts?
  • Alpharunt
    Alpharunt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @michproca I think you need at minimum 3 weights to give you the various intensity required.
    You need a light for your 15 reps, a medium for your 12 reps, a heavy for your first 8 before dropping back to medium etc. Now some muscle groups will require heavier ranges and some lighter. So you need some more weights for this program to be effective as designed.
    michproca wrote: »
    Not looking to bulk up--just more definition and increase metabolism. Any thoughts?

If you're female you are not going to bulk up anyway. Did you look at the P90x series?

• Alpharunt
    Alpharunt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Damn I just noticed I necroed this thread...sorry.
  • cardiaclearner
    cardiaclearner Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi,
    I am late to join this group but glad to see the progress people made already.
    I am starting the lean Body Beast soon. Will keep update & learn from other people here.
  • Gr84cstr
    Gr84cstr Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Anyone still doing this?