MtG

ScottyNoHotty
ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
I started playing magic the Gathering again since i quit in 2000....pretty cool seeing all the youngsters losing their *kitten* over my old cards...I know some of my Beta through Revised were worth a lot, but was very surprised that some of the later sets had some serious worth...I mean Wasteland, an uncommon from 1999, is now worth $90, i have 14 of them. I'm trading off some of my older stuff for boxes of Khans and Fates right now....

Replies

• qwikstreet
    qwikstreet Posts: 94 Member
    Its hard to keep up with all the new sets they bring out. Luckily my two boys are into it and we can just have casual fun at the dining room table and not worry about playing younger adults who have disposable income to build winning decks. I do enjoy going to some of the sealed events at the local gaming store.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    After having last played back in 2002, I played a few games with some friends during ECCC weekend. A lot of the gaming terms and wording changed and it took a bit to pick things up again but I had a blast. I think almost all of my old decks would be completely illegal in regular tournaments now.
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    I don't personally play but my husband does every Friday and we go to a large tournament a month! Card prices have definitely changed! So much money can go into the game if you aren't careful lol.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Wow, I have not played in so very long. I stopped right after Ice Age. Makes me want to dig my cards out of storage. I know at one point, I sold off my dual lands and high-value cards of the day.