Fit bit vs jawbone up??

Options
mrs_liz_clark
mrs_liz_clark Posts: 10 Member
Help please? I'm due an upgrade soon & am hoping to swing a free fitness band too

Replies

• NowSteffy50
    NowSteffy50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I loved my Up especially the app with its daily motivation messages. However I broke two in 6 months which was a very expense habit to have ( in both cases the switch went, then I stopped being able to charge them).

After a bit of research, I moved to a Fitbit One (it is not wrist-worn) and it is great. It can be linked with MFP and the app is getting better all the time. More to the point, I haven't killed it after 8 months of use!
  • mrs_liz_clark
    Options
    Thanks I like the idea of being able to wear it but can fall UP the stairs on a good day lol. I would like to track my sleep however as I sleep talk (regularly
  • mrs_liz_clark
    Options

) & have been known to sleep walk!!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have both a Fitbit Flex & a Jawbone UP24. UP requires a compatible smartphone or tablet. Fitbit can sync (via a dongle) with a computer.

They've both broken & been replaced the same number of times. After all, they're tiny computers I wear on my wrist 24/7. (I only take them off to charge.) Fitbit's customer service is way better than Jawbone's.
  • mrs_liz_clark
    Options
    Thanks hun will bear that in mind :) it always good to know who has better customer service :) xx
  • KyleElf
    KyleElf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    im about to buy a bike.. can i uncorparate it with a fitbit?
    fitbit good or what time from start of health change should it buy one?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) needs to be logged either in your activity tracker or in MFP—never both. Exercise logged in MFP overrides your tracker burn during that time, so I always log in my trackers.
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have recently purchased the FitBit Charge HR and I love it. I've just started using MFP and doing the Couch25K program, and I'm now hooked! So easy to use