Oh. My. Word. "Normal"-- ME?????

Options
2»

Replies

• duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    that's so awesome! congratulations, what a fantastic milestone!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! amazing work.
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow! So happy for you! Looking forward to joining you one of these days!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »
    TY everyone for the acknowledgment and encouragement-- I am pretty darn excited!! I want to add, though that I am FAR from my "ideal" as far as eating patterns go--- I have a lot of work to do around food and body image. I have days where I don't eat all day hardly and then binge at night. I have other times when I eat past full or don't make good choices--- this is a journey full of potholes and the occasional wrong turn-- do not want to give the impression it is all smooth sailing--- it isn't. But it is made a lot easier with all of the support I get here. Smoochies to you all!

And this is why it's called a journey. Turns and twists and everything in between, and we just keep going. You have done an amazing job! So proud of you my friend! You are a great inspiration!

PS-as Rob and Asia alluded to, normal is a relative term! Sorry couldn't resist! :D

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    asia1967 wrote: »
    Thaeda, Rob beat me to the punch about being "normal." tee hee
    I am so happy for you!! Doing the happy dance gf! All those torture sessions are paying off! :p

Yes they are... and for the record, "normal" is BORING!! LOL I don't want to be "normal" (except when it comes to BMI!!).
  • Thaeda
    Options
    renovagirl wrote: »

Theda, your honesty in this post is why so many in this group look at you as a mentor. You have been (and continue to be) incredibly honest and transparent in your posts.

Changing a lifelong relationship with food is hard. The easy part of this journey is losing weight. The hard part is to recognize the why and then change. And you are killing it!

"Killing it"? ummmm not sure about that...and yes, the hard part is definitely in the "why"s and "wherefore"s of what kept me fat in the first place. I feel like losing was "fun" with some work- and now the REAL work begins-- keeping it off and really examining how/when/why I use food/restriction/bingeing to cope with life.

:)
  • Thaeda
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »

And this is why it's called a journey. Turns and twists and everything in between, and we just keep going. You have done an amazing job! So proud of you my friend! You are a great inspiration!

PS-as Rob and Asia alluded to, normal is a relative term! Sorry couldn't resist! :D

Well, to hear from one of MY personal heroes that I am an inspiration is really very humbling--- thank you. Pat, you are the epitome of determination- and I am honored to be in your circle of influence. xoxoxo
  • lbrown1428
    lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats Thaeda. You are such an inspiration
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yay! You earned it!!!