Fitbit overestimating miles?

Options
I planned a route on google maps that was 10k but when I ran it and checked into my dashboard, my fitbit charge HR thinks it was 14.5k. I logged it on my running app and it said 10.5k.

Has anyone else noticed their charge overestimates miles? I wonder if it's because I'm short, my stride is quite small, so if it's estimating from the number of steps, it'll overestimate for me.

Replies

• dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I never knew how it calibrated so thanks for the info. I'm not sure if my steps are correct, but I know my HR is because I had used a chest strap for many years and my resting HR is right on as is when I am exercising. Some day I will check out the stride length!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    You are a genius, many thanks :-)
  • kaclever
    kaclever Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this; I wasn't sure where the instructions were and I hadn't hunted them down yet. My Zip is always underestimating my distance... Now I can calibrate it tomorrow.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    There's a better method in the FAQ in this group for getting that distance. After all, if you are going to take the time to calibrate some distance, might as well use something more than a mere 20 steps.