I just did something crazy....

Options
and signed up for CrossFit. It starts next week. HOLY CRAP! Have any of you ever tried it before?

Replies

• BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it, BUT I have researched it quite a bit and have a couple of friends involved.
    My friends absolutely love it. A big part of that is not the workouts so much but the social and competitive aspects.
    Much of CrossFit incorporates advanced lifting movements. Make sure you are going to a quality place with good instructors.
    The workouts can really tear you down and injuries happen with people doing these crazy moves and workouts.

Crossfit is also usually closely tied with the Paleo community. Not a good or bad thing as far as I am concerned but just an FYI.

Can't wait to hear how you like it and be safe!
  • Sunshine4209
    Sunshine4209 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Two of my friends do crossFit and they love it. You will gain some muscles that is for sure. I second Moody, be careful not to get injure by using too much weight and sacrificing form. Good luck:)
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Yeah, not trying to get injured. I will definitely be careful. I usually err on the side of caution when it comes to weights so at least I already have that mind set. I am just looking forward to challenging myself in a new environment. I used to love going to my person trainer and lifting so I am hoping to like this too. Will definitely keep you guys posted!