Hello!

Options
marjikaparji
marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
Hi! I'm Marji. I'm 25 years old and am finally working on my fitness goals. I've spent my entire life being a heavy girl and I'm finally taking the iniciative to change this. I want to be healthy so I will be a good role model for my future children and for my family!

It seemed pretty bare in here so thought I would start off with an introduction :smile:

Replies

• mabybaby89
    mabybaby89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Rebecca. Here's a little bit about myself: I'm 25 years old and I'm only about a semester away from graduating (Fall 2015) after approx. 7 long years in college. I'll have a Bachelor's of General Studies and minors in Anthropology, Religious Studies, and Psychology. I live with my fiancee, 2 cats (Nicholas and Zoey), and our puppy (Riley). We plan on eloping to Tiger Beach someday to get married, but after we're both done with college and have the house and our career situations stabilized... so it'll be a few more years, still.

I used to be a solid 125 lbs. for the longest time... all through high school and up until about 3 years ago. Long story short, I had gotten married to someone who I thought was absolutely Mr. Right just to find out the week after that he had been telling me what I wanted to hear so he could get a green card. He ended up doing a complete 180 on everything immediately after and for a year I was stuck in a horrible relationship. I did a lot of stress eating during that time, and all through the divorce. I gained about 60 lbs.

Things are much better, now. I'm in a good relationship, have an awesome job, and I'm about to finally graduate. It's about time I make a change. I want to drop that 60 lbs to get that last bit of the reminder of the past out of my life, and also to simply feel healthy again. It's been a bit of a rough start, but I'm determined. Pizza and Tim Horton's are definitely going to be my weaknesses, though...

Hello, Marji! It's nice to meet you. =)
  • marjikaparji
    marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you to Rebecca! I had some weight gain during my divorce to. It sounds like we have a few sililarities going on in our lives!

I was married 2 days before I turned 21 and it should have never happened to begin with. He was a terrible person but after some bad things happened, I got out of it and a year later met the wonderful man that is now the absolute love of my life. I live with him and our now 1 1/2 year old baby boy Jack (Husky Mix!). Sometimes you need to push through the bad to get to the good!

So far I just have my AAS as a Pharmacy Technician and have been working at a really good job for over 2 years now. I eventually plan on getting back in school to get my PharmD.
  • mabybaby89
    mabybaby89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you were in a similar circumstance. It's always sad to hear, but I'm glad you're doing well now! I absolutely agree. Rough times are, well, rough... but eventually things get better and work out in the end. PharmD, Doctorate of Pharmacy? That sound like it'd be difficult, though great in the long run. I hope things go well so you can go back and earn that degree.

A Husky mix? My Riley is too. He's a 1 year old German Shepard/Husky mix (mostly).
    01rnt1trjo18.jpg