My intro

Options
badzoe
badzoe Posts: 132 Member
Hi everyone! I'm looking forward to having a hot, summer body! I'm 5'7 and 158, looking to get down to 140 by June 15th. I'm vegetarian and I do crossfit. What about you?

Replies

• lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Thank you for starting an intro thread. I was thinking about starting one myself. We're in a similar place and have similar goals. I'm hovering around 155 and want to get down to at least 140 by June. Ultimately I'd like to get down to 130-135. But for me it's also a matter of strength training and toning up, otherwise I'll be "skinny fat".
  • lisawinning4losing
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm definitely not vegetarian, but I'm very open minded about whatever kind of diet works for you, for whatever reasons. I'm mostly focusing on lean meat and vegetables, cutting down on carbs and processed foods.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great! My GW might be 130-135 also, depends on how I look at 140.
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same starting place as you both but goal weight is 120 (119 actually :) ) 'cause I'm a shortie : )

I had really good luck with low carb last year (and gained it all back over the holidays ( :\ ). I am also not a meat eater.

I am looking for somewhere to be held accountable for daily exercise and eating.

• lisawinning4losing
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how do you do low carb as a vegetarian? Like I said, just curious.
  • runner115
    edited March 2015
    Options
    eggs, dairy, fish, nuts and seeds. also, quest bars are great :D
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    Ooh, I love Quest bars. But I have to be careful with those, because I'll end up binging on them. Lol.
  • erryereri
    erryereri Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! My overall goal is to get to 18% body fat by August, as that's when my summer vacation starts, and possibly get down to 17% by October.

I'm currently at about 22% body fat, so I suppose that I'd like to be at 19 to 20% by June. ( But this is all according to my home scale, so it may not be entirely accurate...)

Although I've been doing good for the past few days, I did just start vacationing in the Caribbean, and although I try to make healthy, smart choices for my earlier meals, it all goes down the drain come dinner time. But I guess that's okay, it's the best I can compromise, it's only for a few days, and I am working out and swimming a lot.

I'm also traveling again next week, but I doubt that I'll want to splurge on food as much as I do with Caribbean food. Hopefully.
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi every one . I cant wait to lose this weight I have 24lbs to go! Im 164 and I want to weigh 140 I tend to carry alot of muscule..ive lost 5lbs since march 1st. We got this!
    I eat in moderation, learning new things every day....last year I lost 60lbs...so what I do works...just being consistent is key... I make my family meals healthy and delicious so that my family can eat great like me...of course we have , some naughty food sometimes...if we cant enjoy our lives whats the point. Moderation is everything. I train hard, lift, at home crossfit and I like to walk ...my sister is my workout partner...im a busy married full time working mom, and I make time no excuses.
  • runner115
    Options
    nice job KelliB! I had my best food day in awhile today and did over 20k steps :)
    Now my feet are sore!!! but in a good way!
    Lisawinning - I totally agree about the Quest bars! I try not to have more than one/day!
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    Options
    20k in steps farout! You go!!!!
    I must try quest bars...wheres the best place to purchase? I recently have been eating think thin...Im on the fence with thoses great on my macros...not so great on the taste buds imo.
  • tonimceach
    Options
    Hi new here :) I am 5 foot even, I weigh 138, and want to get down to about 120. I struggle with staying focused but am hoping to finally get it under control. I love to walk and workout a few times a week.
  • runner115
    Options
    Welcome Toni.

I stocked up on Quest bars at Sprouts today. Another shopper commented that they could be purchased for half the price on Amazon...

Just under 10k steps today...but I did a one hour conditioning class. Age well and drank all my water too :smiley:
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    Options
    Good Morning All, we are half way through the week keep strong and go hard! ~humpday~
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    Welcome everyone! So, how did everyone do this summer? If you didn't reach your goals, that's ok. There's always next summer!
  • rBex01
    rBex01 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Rob and I'm trying to lose about 21 pounds before the end of May! I'm going to Puerto Rico in June with my wife and some other family and want to be looking GOOD for that! Glad to meet you all.