How do you keep the hoop up?

Options
Bertie02
Bertie02 Posts: 51 Member
I have a hoop nice weighted hoop that is large enough and I'm struggling to keep it going. I remember when I was younger it was so easy.

I need suggestions on how to move I guess. I've watched youtube videos with no luck.

Replies

• pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Try to give it as hard and straight of a push with your hands to get it going for starters, this is a big help. Some people find it easier to go in a side to side kind of motion but a lot of people start out with one foot in front of the other and rock forward and back a little. Try to pay attention to it when it hits the front of your tummy, push forward, and push back on it when you feel it on your back.

You can get it!! It took me about a month to learn how to keep it going around my waist for a good length of time and I'm a dancing fool with it now a couple years later! We all learn at our own pace, some of us are turtles instead of hares (like me hahaha!!).
  • jessicajconley
    Options
    One thing that helped me to recognize the rhythm and how to push forward when it touches my tummy was to stomp the foot that was in front. every time i stomped my foot I was also doing a hard forward push. It was absent minded at first but allowed me to recognize the rhythm.