Syncing HRM with MFP and FitBit?

Options
mamaboys3
mamaboys3 Posts: 29 Member
I tried the Charge HR for a week and wasn't happy with it's HR tracking during exercise, so I'm going back to the One. My Polar HRM just died, and I'm looking for a new one. I would like a HRM that syncs with both the FitBit and MFP, either directly or through a third party app. Does anyone have a good recommendation?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you attempt to sync with both - you will double count workouts and double up on calories reported that you burned.

Check the MFP Apps section under fitness for the ones they take, and some there (a new Wahoo) don't require a receiving unit, they'll sync to phone, or you can wait until end of workout.

Or if you'd prefer syncing to Fitbit, check out their app list which is decent too.

But don't worry about syncing to both, you should not anyway.
  • mamaboys3
    mamaboys3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good point. Thanks!
  • ladytxn
    ladytxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar HRM and use the Wahoo app. It syncs very nicely with MFP and doesn't double up my FB workouts (I have a One). Maybe because I use the exercise mode when I use the HRM and it see the start times and exercise times are the same? Calories burned show up for both initially but then MFP makes the adjustment.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    ladytxn wrote: »
    I have a Polar HRM and use the Wahoo app. It syncs very nicely with MFP and doesn't double up my FB workouts (I have a One). Maybe because I use the exercise mode when I use the HRM and it see the start times and exercise times are the same? Calories burned show up for both initially but then MFP makes the adjustment.

The exercise mode, or rather activity record as the web account calls it - is merely a snapshot of the stats for that chunk of time, pulled from the daily stats.

Your workout synced over then changes the calorie amount in the daily stats.
    The activity record remains untouched, so you can still see distance, steps, and original calories Fitbit estimated.

The worked synced over would make those changes whether you had an activity record or not. You'd just have less stats you could view about the workout.