How long to go?

Options
GreatCthulhu
GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
I realised at the weekend it is 6 weeks until my half! I also have a 10k in 2 weeks.
I feel confident I can do the distance, but life has got in the way a bit this month so time might not be quite what I was hoping for, but we'll see how the next 6 weeks goes.
How long until your half and how are you feeling?

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Mine is 2 weeks from this Saturday! I'm feeling pretty good. My main concern is how hot it might be in Southeast Texas on April 11.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Mine is 6 weeks from Saturday. I did 8 miles yesterday, close to my farthest distance yet. I've done 9 or 10 once or twice before... but not recently. It went well, i felt good... I'm feeling hopeful, but aware that I may not feel up to it at that point when I'll be 21 weeks pregnant. My goal is to make it to may 9th to run, but I've come to the realization that I won't "race."
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    9 weeks away at the moment, with a 10K 7 weeks away.

My training has been off beam lately with a chest infection, but I'm still reasonably comfortable. It's a tough trail route so I've got no specific time objective.
  • gabella0603
    gabella0603 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine is five weeks from this Saturday. I'm feeling OK about it. Bummed I didn't start training in time to really be prepared, but not much to do about it now except keep going. I will be run/walking throughout, and I have to keep telling myself that's OK -- it was always more about hanging out with my cousins, anyway.

Now, the one I've signed up for in November... I've got a time goal for that one!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    May 10th here
  • cjwachsmuth
    cjwachsmuth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have until June 20th! About 7 weeks. I have been having a tough time lately with training but I am pushing through.
  • gabella0603
    Options
    @cjwachsmuth you can make great progress in seven weeks. Just don't push to injury. If your long runs are giving you problems, I've read plenty of reputable sources that say that the miles count more than the pace. So, take it slow and you'll still gain the benefits. Or, check out Jeff Galloway. He's an ex-olympian runner and he advocates for a walk/run method. He's got lots of info on his website. I started out mostly following his plan and may do so during the HM on Sat. My cousin is following his plan and I'll probably run with her the entire time. Many people find they do better timewise b/c they don't fade out at the end.
  • FireStorm1972
    edited May 2015
    Options
    3 days ;)

• AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I finished my first half last Sunday. I think I'll try Galloway for my fall races as I have my second half and first full. I'm slow and am faster with Galloway but usually prefer to just go slow and steady.

I went for an 8-mile slow run last night using Galloway run/walk but walked a lot more for the last couple of miles. I think my legs haven't really recovered from Sunday.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing an October half. Not sure yet.
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have 122 days until my next half - Sept 13th. I also have a 10k each month.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Also going for Sept.13 half. 10k next weekend as i'm in recovery mode this week.
  • gabella0603
    Options
    Just signed up for another HM on Sept. 20. Will have seven weeks until the other one I signed up for on Nov. 8. No other races right now.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hey glad I'm not the only one shooting for September. I'm planning to do the diva half on September 12, which happens to be the day after my 40th birthday.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    September 20th I run in the local Terry Fox Run 10k. I'm jumping in any charity event I can. Donation goes to a good cause and gets me out in a crowd for running 8) at last weekends 1/2 event they had pro photographers catching every participant running in the event, I mean there were like 3000 people and about 25 photo guys all over the course. I'm purchasing my photo package and all the proceeds go to the Diabetes Foundation. 10K charity run next weekend and my wife decided she's gonna try and walk it 8)
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You are all fantastic!