vitamins

Options
f66bs
f66bs Posts: 15 Member
I know its very important to take our vitamins. But the last month or so I haven't taken any at all. I just started yesterday. Please no judgement! I had some unexpected things come up and I was extremely tight on funds and was out of my vitamins. Has anyone not taken them for a period of time and had complications due to it? Ty.

Replies

• kglowins
    kglowins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Not judging...for the most part I am pretty good at remembering my multi-vitamin, b complex, and D3. I do have a hard time remembering to take the calcium here and there. I have set reminders on my computer to help with that. I have not had any complications because of this yet but I have read horror stories. Some people have had issues with loose teeth and needing bone grafts for their jaws as a result of forgetting their vitamins. Scares the crap out of me so I'm trying extra hard to remember that calcium!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I've been compliant, but recently started having hives, bruising and skin problems. Since these things can be caused vitamin deficency, and it's been a while, got labs drawn. Waiting to hear if there's something I'm not absorbing. Depending on which thing you're deficient in it can be years before it shows up. Calcium deficency, for example may have no symptoms today, but when you hit your senior years your bones start breaking and it's too late to recover. Nothing to screw around with for sure!
  • f66bs
    f66bs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you both!! Not that I didn't think it was not serious but didn't know it could be really bad. I will definitely not mess around anymore. Ty!!
  • joyhibbz
    joyhibbz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I didn't take them for almost the full first year after surgery. Every time I did they would give me a metallic taste coming up all the time. So at my 1 year post op appt. My Nutritionist told me to take 2 flintstones complete multi vitamin and minerals. And so far that has worked. I had blood work with my 1 year post op and everything was perfect. So not taking the vitamins didn't hurt me but I wouldn't recommend not taking them. I got lucky I guess b/c I know a lot of others that take vitamins and they have had deficiencies so I thought that I would to.