level up?

Options
Shandrith
Shandrith Posts: 31 Member
So, I was thinking that maybe we could make a contest for the group. I'm a table top gamer, D&D and White Wolf specifically, and I have been trying to encourage myself by finding a way to work weight loss into gaming. My thought was that for every 10 or maybe 15 pounds you lose you gain a level. I haven't got prizes to give, and we'd probably need more rules, but I am sure my fellow geeks/nerds can help figure that out, right? If nothing else, you would certainly get bragging rights. Sorry for the vagueness but it is 2:45 a.m. I just wanted to share the thought before I forgot it. What do you think guys? Sound like something that could be fun?

Replies

• Lothlorien_Woods
    Lothlorien_Woods Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Habit RPG? If not, check it out. It might be right up your ally. www.habitrpg.com. I love it. I use to it to complete big projects I am working on, changing bad habits, loosing weight, ect.
  • ga_sk8er
    ga_sk8er Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    run UP hill, walk UP hill, run DOWN hill, walk DOWN hill, stretch LEFT arm, stretch RIGHT arm, stretch LEFT leg, stretch RIGHT leg, work on ABs, START ....read the caps & i found a cheat code :D
  • DejahT850
    DejahT850 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There's a fitRPG app as well, you synch it with a FitBit. I downloaded the app and was so excited to try it out, but then my FitBit crapped out so I have yet to use it>:-/
    Btw, I'm new to the group and didn't see an intro thread. But feel free to add me as friend, I'd love more fellow geeks showing up in my regular feed!
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a really awesome idea! I've been using games as motivation to hit weight loss milestones, like at 20 lbs lost I bought a new Vita game, at 40 lbs lost I might buy another new game or headphones, things like that. At 100 lbs lost I'm gonna buy a baller new video card :smiley: