which program is best for me

Options
Robbnva
Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
I'm down almost 95lbs, doing mostly cardio. Tried stronglift for about a month but got tired of the crowds in the evening and didn't want to wake up at 4:30 anymore to avoid them. Anyway, I guess I consider myself a runner now, run 3 to 4 times a week and doing a 1/2 marathon in may, but I want to start toning up, and having muscle definition. I was thinking p90x3 but wanted to see what other programs I should consider.

Thanks

Oh and feel free to add me as s friend if you want.

Replies

• leannclouse
    leannclouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Look into body beast, I haven't done it yet but it is on my list of workout I want to do.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    P90X3 or any of the P90X's for that matter will give you a good balance of cardio, strength, and other kinds of training. I highly recommend it!
  • Robbnva
    Options
    Look into body beast, I haven't done it yet but it is on my list of workout I want to do.

This to me seems to be more of a program for bulking. Most of the before and after pics I can find show increase in weight. I'm at 202 trying to get down to about 185. Do people lose weight with this one?

I'll do more research because I definitely like the after photos

• Robbnva
    edited March 2015
    Options
    just noticed body beast requires equipment that I don't have so I guess that program is out
  • Robbnva
    Options
    Guess this group isn't very Active. I think I'm just going to try p90x 3
  • DiscipleForLife
    DiscipleForLife Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Crickets, hear them? That's kind of what you get in this group.. I think most are inactive users. Anyways, I have P90x and x3...go with x3 it's got more cardio/core work and only 30 minutes. You can do doubles to mix it up and it's only an hour per day! Good luck!
  • Robbnva
    Options
    lol yeah I hear them. I am not really looking for cardio aspect as I run 3 days a week, really just looking for a strength training program where I don't have to buy a ton of stuff
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've done P90X and gotten pretty good results. I would do the weights 3x a week and my own cardio (running and biking) 3x a week with one scheduled rest day.
    Good luck and great work so far.

P.S.
    I've also come her to listen to the soothing sound of crickets. :neutral_face:
  • Robbnva
    Options
    yeah I think I am going to do the p90x, at least the weight portion. Thanks
  • hnovak0103
    hnovak0103 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I really like Insanity. It has given me muscle definition and I am a girl so I think that's good. It doesn't require any equipment. Give it a try ;)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest Insanity. I saw a lot of changes in my body from that.

You could also look into Les Mills Pump. It's strength based, but still cardio. It comes with the barbell and some plates. You would just have to get more as you progress further. It's a fun program.
  • DiscipleForLife
    DiscipleForLife Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hnovak0103 wrote: »
    I really like Insanity. It has given me muscle definition and I am a girl so I think that's good. It doesn't require any equipment. Give it a try ;)

Yes! Muscle definition on a girl is good! I think once I complete x3 this time I'd like to try Insanity...heard good things about it.