Connecting MapMyRun

Options
HI all,
Me again (sorry!)
I connected MapMyRun to MFP and went for a run today. I used my FitBit (pushing and holding to log activity) and it worked great, but for some reason both have showed on FitBit dashboard

I've disconnected the sync between them both now, and deleted the 2nd activity from FitBit dashboard, but could someone tell me if you can use the app without it loading info into FitBit?

I only wanted to use it for the actual route map I take.

Also MFP is showing this (see below) - does this look like two separate entires for the same thing?

9xfaw836vtx6.png

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That's not what happened and the delete and unsync was unneeded, and no it's not the same thing showing on MFP.

Read the FAQ - really, I get in to exactly what's going on - with my own screen shots as some of the last posts.
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    oh, ok... thank you. I didn't realise the FAQ also had details for MapMyRun too.. that's great. Thanks
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    You were probably fine because MFP would have passed on that activity to FitBit, including the time, duration and calorie burn and FitBit would have used it to over-write its own calculations for that time. If you hadn't used MMR, then your FitBit data for that time would have been included instead and your Fitbit calorie adjustment would have been higher.

I use MapMyWalk - should be the same, I would think - and I have it connected, not to MFP, but to FitBit. I also put my FitBit into exercise mode for my walks. The MMW data never shows up separately in FitBit or MFP, but I still get the route map.

I'm not sure if I have it set up ideally, but I'm getting good calorie burns from FitBit to MFP, and I can see my routes in MMW, so I'm happy.

• ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh I didn't realise that FitBit would have used the data to override it. It just looked like two entries and I didn't want it to throw out the day's data. I'll add it back to MFP and see what happens

Thanks
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Before you commit to map my run, I'd use runkeeper instead. I've tested a bunch of apps vs a GPS watch and runkeeper was the most accurate. Map my run always said I ran more than I actually did