Back on the Horse

Options
After a 6 almost 7 month break I'm back to working towards my goals. In some ways it's hard to get back in the groove of things. In others, I know more now so I'm making better, more informed choices.

Anyone else coming back from a break?

I admit 3 of those months I wasn't working on my goals I was sulking. I was down to 145 in September 2014. I had one piece of what I thought was cheese & bam. 9 pound gained in 4 hours. I was 172 within 72 hours later. I.Was. Mad. It turns out my body has wellness issues on top of PCOS & 3 minor surgeries later, we're going to be meeting with a gastroenterologist to see what's going on because that kind of swelling is not normal. I hit close to 190 on a trip to Seattle after having Jack in the Box. Dropped it all in one day. Again, not normal.

So I'm back to tracking my food. The fact I can turn off their nag feature helps. I don't want my food tracker to tell me good job or that milk has a lot of fat. I just want it to record the information & do the math. I'd switched to a pen & paper tracker because of that nag feature.

Right now I'm watching my sugar intake. Having insulin resistance, that's one of the things I'm focusing on. After meeting with the gastroenterologist, I'll know more.

Welcome back to anyone else returning like me. :)

Replies

• corinnecarley
    corinnecarley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hey there!
    i'd been doing pretty well as far as dieting/exercise/weight loss for a couple of weeks but then hopped off the bandwagon due to some stress from work/home. i gained back about five-ish pounds, and now i'm working on getting rid of those + a LOT more!

i know i need to start tracking my food better (since that was what was helping me before) and since there's a new month coming up, i've decided to challenge myself -- one 5k walk every morning for the whole month, and see where that takes me. i work overnights and am constantly on the go there and i know that's helped tremendously with keeping my lost weight off, but another 5k surely wouldn't hurt!

best of luck on staying on track! :)