sneaker tragedy

Options
poke987
poke987 Posts: 348 Member
I know you all will understand my pain...

Last evening after my run, I stopped at the car to carry in the paint we picked out to redo our master... 3 gallons of the most expensive no VOC stuff in a creamy yellow hue. Too lazy to make 2 trips I had 2 gallons in one hand, and one in the other. Reached overhead to pull down the hatch and dropped one of the 2 I had balanced in my left hand. Of course it's lid popped open in the driveway spilling about half a gallon before I could gather myself to grab it. My right sneaker somehow took the brunt. My poor precious Brooks... one is now buttercream. Wahhhhh. I immediately smashed my foot repeatedly into a snow bank, and got a lot off. Then right into the washer they went... but I just took them out, and no luck, still pretty stained. Sigh.

Replies

• gabella0603
    gabella0603 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That stinks. I'm sorry. Bummer about the lost paint as well. :(
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    exmn3gkvp0l6.gif
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh no!
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Wore them again for the first time today after washing them and letting them to sit and air dry 2 days. Had to loosen them a bit and mess with the laces... i was worried they were going to rub or something but 9 miles later and my feet are fine! Guess I just suffer with a yellow foot, and call it my penance. These will be a year old in june... so think they are due for replacing anyhow. But, thinking ill wait until after the baby is born, wondering if my feet will spread anymore. Want to be sure before I spring for new sneakers anyhow.