Exactly One Year From Today...Looking for Friends to Help

Options
mfrank09
mfrank09 Posts: 21 Member
I've got exactly one year until my wedding day!!! I have set my goal high at 84 pounds, but I'm 5"9 so my goal weight is at the bottom edge of my range. I can't imagine feeling chubby on my wedding day, but I have a hard time keeping on track. Anyone need a motivation partner? I sure do! Help!!!

Replies

• smiley_emma
    Options
    I'm getting married on the same day, just one year which is scary as I have an awful lot of weight to lose but like you I've set my goal for the lower end of my healthy weight range, I just really hope I can do it, I'm dreading dress shopping at the moment!
  • Bobo512
    Bobo512 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ladies!

I am getting married Summer 2014, and my goal is to drop 115lb (257 to 114 lb). It is crazy, but I had to start a medicine notorious for weight gain, and I gained 100lb in a year! I have come to terms with it, though, and I am super motivated to get the weight off and keep it of for life.

I too CANNOT and WILL NOT go dress shopping at the weight I am now. I would just feel so awful about myself. This is something that I have looked forward to for so long (dress shopping), and I want to feel awesome about it. We are getting married in the Bahamas, and I would really like an open-back wedding dress. I am 5'9", and I have a large frame (at 160 I am a size 8, almost a 6), so 144 is at the lower end of my range, but I would like to get there and be toned.

I wish that I knew how long it would take me to lose the weight. It would be great if I could lose it by October. I would love to go dress shopping this fall. I have no idea if that is feasible or not -- I want the weight off but I do not want to make myself sick in the process. My jaw is actually wired shut for the next month (I have a structural thing that just became an issue), and the doctor told me that patients usually lost 20-30lb in that one month alone. Maybe this will be a jump start miracle?

Sorry to write so much! I am going to add you both :)
  • lilbuddha007
    lilbuddha007 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    wow! i'm getting married in ...40 days... and I wish I'd found this site sooner! Meanwhile I wish I could get *my* jaw wired shut. (lol, ok, not really, but still...) I think that would totally kickstart things.
    You should all check out the 30day shred. it's a good community on here and I hear people lose a lot doing it.
  • Itsjustme86
    Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am getting married a week after you and also want to lose 80lbs! Seems nearly impossible right now but we can do it!
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i'm getting married in june 2014. i gained 30 pounds this year and really would like to be down to 120 before i go dress shopping in september.

i would love support, so feel free to add me!
  • smb0953
    smb0953 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in August 2014 and I need to finally drop the weight I gained in college!!! My new mother in law, whom I adore, is a gorgeous, workout crazy woman. So I feel I may be competing with her a bit, even though she's 25 years older than me. So I need some supportive friends whose hard work will get me moving :-)
  • StaceySaysRelax
    StaceySaysRelax Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all on the engagements. I'm getting married in April 2014 and am definitely looking for friends for mutual motivation.
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in May of 2014 and would like to be at 130 lbs by Jan 1 (I am 40 lbs away from that), so that I can go dress shopping! I have dreams where I go dress shopping and am mortified because I feel so fat or that it is my wedding day and I haven't lost any weight. I have to do this! I want to look and feel great on my wedding day so that I can enjoy it and not be self conscious that all eyes are on me! :) Good luck to everyone!!!
  • astepbysteph
    astepbysteph Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married July 12, 2014. I would love for any of you to add me and we can motivate each other! We can do this! :)