Anyone Concerned about Safety of Fitbit?

Options
Verdenal
Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
I've had a Fitbit for 3 or 4 years, I've lost track. I've had the original Fitbit,the Fitbit Ultra, and now the Fitbit One. Except for the times I've mislaid them, I've worn them close to the body (bra strap, neckline) 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I recently came across an article discussing the safety of being exposed to the Fitbit's electromagnetic field (EMF). Some argued that the exposure was minimal and harmless. Others contended that there simply was no long-term evidence to declare it safe. I've unclipped mine for a while.

What do you think?

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    No. It is low energy, non-ionizing radiation. You're surrounded by it every day whether you wear your FitBit or not.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    No. It is low energy, non-ionizing radiation. You're surrounded by it every day whether you wear your Fitbit or not.

^This.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the same stuff people said/say about cell phones.

No, I'm not worried about it. Just like I'm not worried about my cell phone.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Never even gave it a second thought
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Doubtful that it's a big deal.

But if it does end up being dangerous, at least I have a Fitbit family to be suffering with me in 20 years!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Look long enough on the internet and you will find someone who thinks EVERYTHING is harmful.

Being overweight and aging is far more harmful to me than a slight bit of any radiation.
    I spent 30+ years in front of computer screens and still use them and cell phones. My only health issue is being overweight currently and like Ryanhorn said " But if it does end up being dangerous, at least I have a Fitbit family to be suffering with me..."

h7g8z2xtd19a.gif