Zip stopped working

Options
bonniejo
bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
My zip stopped working a few days ago when I changed the battery. I'm sure there's nothing I can do about it (I got the Charge HR to replace it) but does anyone have any ideas or experienced a similar issue?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Battery in backwards for 15 seconds, that back properly. Only have to hold it in backwards.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    It worked for a minute but then my zip shut down again :( Any other ideas? I'll try again just in case.

Well, now that I have the HR (I was going to buy it in a month anyway, although I was going to still use my zip) I have a quick question. I do swing dancing (lindy hop) on Friday nights. I'm trying to figure out whether to use HR or steps to track it. Steps are not normal strides, but generally I dance for 1-3 songs and then sit/stand and chat with people for a bit before dancing again, so maybe HR isn't the best metric either. Thoughts?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure if you started an activity with button press (Zip doesn't have that), when you stopped dancing and sat, it would see low HR and steps and stop it automatically.
    Or even during the dance the HR may not be high enough to keep it using the HR burn formula.

I'd just go for steps - if it auto-adjusts to using HR formula because HR and steps went up high enough, then great, if not, then great.

I'd would suggest for curiosity sake and to track fitness with dance, make a manual activity after the fact. Note your start and finish time about, and through web account just create one.
    Then you'll at least see the Fitbit seen steps, estimated distance and calorie burn, and HR info, for that block of time.