thanks tips of the scale

Options
This group is inactive. It's ok though I know Sam is doing important things for people else where. I just wanted to say thank you for the podcast it's really helped me alot and made me realize things about myself. I have almost listened to every episode now. I have around 20 left. I'm sad to know that I can't listen to them all the time anymore. I'll always be looking forward to the new episodes. I think besides the stories and tips my favorite part of listening to these 100 plus episodes in a short time span is Sam. The evolution of tips of the scale and the evolution of Sam and his guiding guests and phrasing questions to get the most out of the interviews has been so fun to listen to. Anyway just wanted to share my thanks and let you know you have changed my life and help me with my journey.

Replies

• slomeli79
    slomeli79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Anyway just wanted to share my thanks and let you know you have changed my life and help me with my journey.

I can't express how much this means to me.

I'm working hard to grow TipsOfTheScale in new ways, but the podcast will always be my "baby" and it brings me joy to know it's having an impact.

What have you heard in an episode that's had the biggest impact on you?
  • freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 50 pounds now. I didn't realize how many small changes I've made regarding my diet. By diet I I don't mean just a calorie deficit but my relationship with food. All your guests talk about the small changes and I thought back to last summer when I was 300 pounds and how I ate and that I would of never eaten spinach and skinless chicken breast for my final meal of the day. I don't think I would of given myself the credit or even realized all the little things I've done. Also hearing over and over agian the power of sugar and the addictive qualities in it have really made me realize I'm not alone. Also that its not a fair battle to choose between pizza and cheese fries vs skinless tilapia. At least when your in that cycle of addiction it's not fair. Now it's not fair to the pizza becouse I much prefer the fish becouse my diet isn't focused on the sugar and salt. I'm rambling a bit. So I'll say one more. You have said this many times. It has taken me many times to allow it to click in my head and make sence. You talk about after 2 or 3 bites into a piece of chocolate cake you can't taste it anymore. Well I finally tested it with ice cream and I was like holy crap if I actually enjoy it for a few bites instead of shoveling it in my mouth. I'm satisfied and the taste really does go away. It's really been a game changer for sure.
  • slomeli79
    Options
    Yes! Big virtual high-five from here. This is great to hear.
  • freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the episode on food addiction on my mom's phone. A week or so agian. I talked to her yesterday and she said next time you have a chance can you download that tips of the scale show on my phone agian or show me how to access more. Your changing a families life now.
  • slomeli79
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this with me. This is the feedback that keeps me going!