Six Month Ramblings

Options

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Today marks my 1 year anniversary on MFP. I hit my goal of 180 pounds lost last week and got my son to take my pics to mark the day! Keep working hard toward the goal and you can all get there!

Rob

nt8tuhl39aax.jpg
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You look so great. What an inspiration! I hope to be posting pics like this in one year. Except I might be wearing a shirt teeheeeheee
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration. I am blessed to have met you on the site early in my journey. You are doing amazing. Thanks for all of your encouragement and for being such an encourager. :)
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rob, you are and always have been a true inspiration to me. I'm honored to call you my friend.
    As I always seem to say...lets keep going.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Great results you have done well, and are a inspiration for the rest of us.

Randy
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!!!! You make me believe I can get to where I want to be.
  • seattlehorn
    seattlehorn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for sharing.
  • goodlife1206
    goodlife1206 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration. The incredible shrinking guy!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You have done awesome! You are so inspiring to me and so many others. Your commitment to yourself shows and it is great!
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this today. I need to print out those points.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Good for you! amazing success!
  • jove102
    jove102 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow looking pretty sexy!!! What are you doing for your arms they look great!!
  • rpyle111
    Options
    Nothing special for arms. Adding in weights that include arms, but mostly taking the layer of fat off of them revealed them!

Rob
  • CatKaren
    CatKaren Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome post AND pictures. Your the incredible shrinking man!
    I've noticed, at the gym, most people working like it's their last day in earth. They load up on weight, do a few lifts, or pulls, and they are on to the next machine.
    Me on the other hand, opt for reps instead of heft. I've had issues with my back for several years, so being kind to that area, I am building the muscles instead of risking injury.
    I'm also becoming a gym rat, and I'm loving it.
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That's really amazing - great job!
  • rpyle111
    Options
    CatKaren wrote: »
    Awesome post AND pictures. Your the incredible shrinking man!
    I've noticed, at the gym, most people working like it's their last day in earth. They load up on weight, do a few lifts, or pulls, and they are on to the next machine.
    Me on the other hand, opt for reps instead of heft. I've had issues with my back for several years, so being kind to that area, I am building the muscles instead of risking injury.
    I'm also becoming a gym rat, and I'm loving it.

I'm not really talking about the lower weight/higher reps versus higher weight/lower reps choices. I am trying to move more toward higher weight/lower reps, as that is (I believe) more geared toward building muscle.

Guarding against injury is important, so if higher reps at a lower weight is the path for you, go for it.

My lower intensity workouts were primarily on the elliptical, where I dropped the level on the machine 3 or 4 levels (out of 20) and changed my definition of success to be a good workout that didn't hurt enough to make me skip a workout!

Rob
  • Keikix3
    Keikix3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your story and excellent ideas and advice, I appreciate them very much!
  • shortypage1123
    shortypage1123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good job! You are wise beyond your years. Thanks so much for sharing and helping the rest of us:)
  • GlenErin9
    GlenErin9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration to us all! Awesome progress pictures. You rock! ⭐️
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your inspirational story. I'm 17 months out and 10 lbs from my goal and still learning. Awesome progress and pictures!!! Amazing story!