APRIL 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    verdemujer wrote: »
    Ok guys and gals, this is for all the cycling peeps. I enjoy doing all sorts of cycling challenges throughout the year but my favorite challenges are the MFP Grand Tour challenges run by the irrepressible @TheBigYin. What makes these challenges even more fun is that they are team based which helps motivate you to get out and ride when you can but also that the team has your back when you can't!! Lots of fun and banter throughout as well. There are 2 teams of 9 already but would love to get 4 teams like last year so please sign up if you fancy it. The first Tour, the Giro D'Italia starts May 9th so get signed up!!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139694/2015-mfp-grand-tour-challenge-signup-and-discussion-thread
    You don't have to ride every day, just be willing to put some effort in and contribute to the team. The only requisite is you log your rides on Strava and report your mileage in the reporting thread after a ride.

I have been thinking about doing that since last year.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Well got some miles in before it started to rain. I have discovered that eating chocolate covered mocha beans (4) then riding your bike is an interesting experience. Geeze what a caffeine jolt! And I rode it like I stole it.

04/22 - 2.0 miles walking
    04/23 - 20.0 miles cycling
    04/24 - 2.0 miles walking
    04/25 - 2.0 miles cycling (testing new adjustments)
    04/25 - 8.0 miles cycling
    04/26 - 2.0 miles walking
    04/27 - 21.0 miles cycling
    04/28 - 2.0 miles walking

Total: 224.0 miles

04/29 - 12.0 miles cycling

Total: 236.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,404 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    April 29: 12 miles all from walking
    TTD: 292 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    @spikesmom: Welcome back! So glad to see you on your feet. I was about to check in and see how you were doing. Just moving should make you feel good, turtle or not,,,lol.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    yZZcm6.png

It is going to be close but I should be able to make goal tomorrow :s .
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    5.42K run today

Total 100.8K (just made it by the skin of my teeth!!) Will try to add to it tomorrow :)
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    spikesmom wrote: »
    hey there, @*kitten* movers! I'm happy to say that i plan on joining the May challenge! I am weight bearing now and started walking with a very chic walker, (hardly!) but I'm mobile once again. I have new fitbit surge that is almost the size of my hand(lol) and i will be tracking my turtle like progress :smile:
    YAY, welcome back!!! We sure missed you!!! :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Rode 11 before work & ran my @ss all day at work so I had ZERO energy to walk with my 3 fur balls when I got home. I chose to rock my new grandson instead!

exercise.png
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

exercise.png

Made it!
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    hkristine1 wrote: »
    =============================
    @taxmom9093 - You're making up huge amounts of ground! WAY TO GO! :drinker:

Here's to the final push everyone!!

Thanks!! And then there was today..........Only managed 1.5 miles. April total 69 miles.

exercise.png

Sooooo.......As long as I get my ### out of bed tomorrow and haul it at least 6 miles, I will make goal. Nothing like putting it off til the end is there? :D
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,339 Member
    Options
    4/29 5 mile jog

289.75 miles of 220 mile

exegrcise.png
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    4/29 - 3.3 Miles on the Elliptical

MTD - 58.12 miles
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    And 19.7 miles tonight puts me at 117 MTD for April. That's GOAL for me - first time in awhile I've made goal. Woot! :)
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

And making GOAL tonight: QUEENEGREENE (I would be celebrating more for you, if you weren't sick :( Get well soon, woman!) :flowerforyou: JTH11706 :smiley: SHARONTD :drinker: _CANUCKRUNNER_ :star: LAMLAM 2013 :grin: ME B)

@spikesmom - SO happy to hear about your progress!! You are a strong lady, and I'm stoked you'll be joining us for the May challenge - I thought it would be longer until you were back for the challenge. YAY. :flowerforyou:

@taxmom9093 - YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT! I KNOW YOU CAN!!!
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Adding 5.4 miles from last night and tonight

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 6 .76 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    3 miles walking around today and that makes goal!

exercise.png

I'm surprised your marathon didn't put you over your goal but at least now we can celebrate. :+: :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    spikesmom wrote: »
    hey there, @*kitten* movers! I'm happy to say that i plan on joining the May challenge! I am weight bearing now and started walking with a very chic walker, (hardly!) but I'm mobile once again. I have new fitbit surge that is almost the size of my hand(lol) and i will be tracking my turtle like progress :smile:

Yeah!!! I'm glad you're starting to get around again. See you there.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    hkristine1 wrote: »
    And 19.7 miles tonight puts me at 117 MTD for April. That's GOAL for me - first time in awhile I've made goal. Woot! :)

Yeah! Glad to see you made goal. How is your neck doing? It was your neck right? I can't remember but since the sunglasses went flying I figured neck was a good guess. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.