the first step

Options
A thousand miles starts with the first step..

and you have all made that first step, awesome!
I hope you have all filled out the section in beginning goals so you can see how far you have come after this challenge and remember that its not all about scale weight.
Reading all the introductions was lovely seeing so many people with such different backgrounds :) I noticed that a lot of people were just starting out so i thought id put some of my top tips, obviously its completely up to you what you do and don't choose to do and what works for me may not someone else but if you're stuck here's my personal top tips:
  1. take before pictures, it allows you to realise the change in your body, i notice nothing from looking in the mirror but when i compare pictures im blown away
  2. Log everything, weigh everything. if you guess then you could be underestimating your calorie intake.
  3. fitnessblender.com a free website that prvides 400+ workout videos that you can do at home using ony dumbells, there's everything from beginner to advanced, fat loss programs. as well as tones of advice on healthy eating and blogs with questions answered.
  4. eat less move more. this doesn't mean you have to get a gym membership, or give up food you love, it just means if your taking the bus get off 2 or 3 stops down the road, or swapping the pizza for a homemade version on pita bread. The average slim person takes only 200 extra steps in a day. Portion control is also very important. If you still eat the things you love and just make room for them occasionally in your calorie then your less likely to binge
  5. Healthy swaps, swap the food you love to healthier versions. If you love icecream, freeze a peeled banana and then blend it with a small amount of vanilla and cinnamon. If you have a sweet tooth, try keeping low cal jelly in the cupboard or making a smoothie. if your a carb queen (like me) try swapping pasta for zucchini strips and the carbs you do eat make whole grain. diets dont have to be salads and soups.
  6. Freeze. Healthy eating is hard and takes time so i always pre cook a few things for the week like a veg soup, a curry ect. avoiding the attractive take out option
  7. have other goals. sometimes the scale doesn't move, but you may be able to run an extra minute or do an extra push up. these are all important and the scale WILL move, but its important to have other goals so not to become disheartened.
  8. remember you are WORTH it, things WILL change, you CAN do this.. Try and stay positive, your biggest enemy is yourself. Have a bad day? a bad meal? right it off and start again! one meal, one day is not going to set you back much, but one year because you thought 'screw it whats the point?' may do. I know we can do this do you?
remember its entirely up to you what and if you take on any of the advice, but if you have no idea where to start i hope this helps. have a good day everyone :)

Replies

• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I am so excited about fitnessblender.com, why have I never heard of this website until now!