Festivus Games

DarkAngellEyes
DarkAngellEyes Posts: 317 Member
Just wondering if anyone else is signed up for the Festivus Games on April 18th??

Replies

• ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Never heard of it...
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    My box is hosting, but doubt I’ll compete.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 317 Member
    Their slogan is "A competition for the rest of us" - it focuses on novice and intermediate crossfitters...I guess they do it twice a year (April & October) nationwide (I think?). Just curious if anyone else has signed up and what they are doing to prep for it in the next couple of weeks!
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    I did the Festivus Games last October in the intermediate division and it was a lot of fun! Of course there were a few people who shouldn't have been there as they dominated the competition, but that is to be expected.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    ^I hate those people.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Is it an American thing?
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    It's an "I'm an overly competitive *kitten*" thing. I don't think we have a monopoly on it and at comps when I've seen it happen usually the other competitors and the judges are giving the person the stink eye.

We had one of our athletes who was ready to do his first competition and was going to go scaled because he had not mastered double unders. Our coach told him "If you sign up scaled I will be there mocking you the entire time" and spent time with him every day for 6 weeks until he had double unders.

The competition involved a lifting complex that finished with back squats. This guy did 405 and had to stop because they ran out of plates