Challenge 1: Click Here!

Options
NotQuiteNorm
NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
TO SEE MINI CHALLENGE CLICK HERE! TO SEE MINI CHALLENGE CLICK HERE! TO SEE MINI CHALLENGE CLICK HERE!
Okay so following with the responses in the mini-challenge discussion I've come up with the first challenge ending April 7th!

:star:Exercise Mini-Challenge! :star:

Increase your mfp exercise by:

Bronze 250 extra calories burned this week!
Silver 500 extra calories burned this week!
Gold 1000 extra calories burned this week!
Platinum Over 1000 extra calories burned this week!

:star:Healthy Eating Mini Challenge :star:
Eat a fruit or veg that you either:

Have never tried before.
OR
Haven't tried in over a year.

You don't have to participate in both or either, but I'd love to see everyone have a go, then we can all post what we did/ate and whether it was an experience from hell or surprisingly enjoyable! :D

Replies

• honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Ok. So last week i burned 1057cals according to mfp. Lets see if i can up it this week.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    From the period of 03/18-03/25 (last Wed.) I burned 1504 calories which is slightly over my exercise goal in MFP...but..large bits of that happen on my run days and I'm bad about getting in very little or no exercise between. So trying to hit 2504 from today through NEXT Wednesday should be a pretty good challenge for me. ;)
  • NotQuiteNorm
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I get just under 1200 calories burnt in a week! I go to the gym once a week and do about 500 calories logged in cycling, rowing and swimming then take varying walks for the rest of the week (I'll admit last week one of those walks was meant to be to the gym for a second time, but I took an elegant U-turn about 5 minutes before arriving)!

I figure I might have to resist that U-turn this week to make the cut!
  • LoeshaElizabeth
    LoeshaElizabeth Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    so i just checked and my goal a week is around 1500 so im going to try do 2500. Last week i did 2,862 but it will be far more difficult this week as im going on holiday for four days and i have no childcare for gym. did 800 today (after my HIIT routine) so sticking with the 7 min challenge and walking more plus getting one extra gym session (with some boyfriend convincing to babysit haha) i should do it!
  • honeynutloop
    Options
    Target: 2057cals
    Day 1= 408cals
    Day 2= 518cals
    Looking good so far but working 12hr shifts the next 4 days and fitting exercise in around those can be tricky. Hopefully there will be some nice weather so i can walk in/during lunch.
    How's everyone else getting on?
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    Target: 2200
    Day 1 - 576
    Day 2 - just short of 600 (so far)

I am getting in a lot of long walks as it's been sunny and am trying to do as much as possible before my usual 'can't be bothered' attitude surfaces!

@honeynutloop you're just 2 days in and have virtually matched last week's total! That's dedication :smiley:
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    Target: 2504cals
    Day 1= 0cals :(
    Day 2= 86 (so far...tonight is a run night so I expect to add around 700-800)
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    Day 2= 780
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Picking up my produce box tomorrow...hopefully there is a good "mystery" vegetable in there. Last time there was a daikon radish as big as a football...it was just ok. I'll have to look at my calories burned last week and see if I can increase it this week!
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    Picking up my produce box tomorrow...hopefully there is a good "mystery" vegetable in there.

I'm going to nip to lidl in hopes of finding something unusual! Part of me thinking I may just have to revisit the deadly "kiwi" which hasn't passed my lips since I was very young!

Currently 1901 of a goal 2200 calories burned... Funnily I know without this group/thread behind the challenge I'd never have got up and done this!
  • GBrady43068
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Day 2= 780
    Day 3= 188
    Day 4= 732

• honeynutloop
    Options
    Day 1= 408cals
    Day 2= 518cals
    Looking good so far but working 12hr shifts the next 4 days and fitting exercise in around those can be tricky. Hopefully there will be some nice weather so i can walk in/during lunch.
    Day 3= 0cals (raining)
    Day 4= 504cals (not raining) => 1430 total!
    :smiley: definitely wouldn't have done that much without this thread.

• GBrady43068
    Options
    Day 1= 0cals
    Day 2= 780
    Day 3= 188
    Day 4= 732
    Day 5= 166 (calories left until 2504: 638 ...it's looking doable)
  • GBrady43068
    Options

I'm going to nip to lidl in hopes of finding something unusual! Part of me thinking I may just have to revisit the deadly "kiwi" which hasn't passed my lips since I was very young!

Currently 1901 of a goal 2200 calories burned... Funnily I know without this group/thread behind the challenge I'd never have got up and done this!

Congrats on progress so far. I'll put in a plug for carombola (AKA "starfruit"). Tasty and mildly exotic without being weird, when you slice it the pieces are shaped like stars (hence the nickname). Taste reminds me of a slightly less sweet/more acidic pineapple..yum.
  • honeynutloop
    Options
    Day 1= 408cals
    Day 2= 518cals
    Day 3= 0cals (raining)

Day 5= 0cals
    Day 6= 98cals => 1528 total

Hopefully going to have an active day tomorrow.
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    Day 1= 0cals
    Day 2= 780
    Day 3= 188
    Day 4= 732
    Day 5= 166
    Day 6= 0 (calories left until 2504: 638. We've been doing living room remodeling and had an event (Cub Scouts) last night that took me out of house before that so I ran out of time that day. I'll probably be doing my run in the rain tonight but I expect to hit the target tonight and have a little extra Wednesday...)
  • honeynutloop
    Options
    Day 1= 408cals
    Day 2= 518cals
    Day 3= 0cals (raining)

Day 5= 0cals
    Day 6= 98cals => 1528 total

Hopefully going to have an active day tomorrow.

Final day= 608cals => 2136 total
    Which is last week plus 1079 cals. :smiley:
    Didn't do the eating challange tho.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    I guess I'll just post mine now, as I know that I'm done with the exercise today!
    2alb0b3xur4g.png
    I made it! I've actually really surprised myself - even if I know that it's generally agreed that mfp overdoes it on the calories!

I went out to Lidl yesterday and almost forgot to eat these cute little guys! They're 'lychees' and they're really really nice, super sweet...fruits! I actually always thought they were going to be like an onion for some reason as I asked at the counter how to eat them and was told to peel it - it certainly looks onion-ish - but as I had a cold I figured what the heck and bit into it and wow am I glad I didn't chuck these into my stew! 10/10!
    *I'm not 100% but am pretty sure the centre is much like an avocado and not for eating, so let me know if it's actually good for me or something: I am not the most adventurous person 99% of the time if you haven't guessed! :sweat_smile:

5-Home-Remedies-For-Moisturizing-The-Skin21.jpg
  • honeynutloop
    Options
    Lychees are good. And don't eat the stone. Well done on completing challenge one!
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    Day 1= 0cals
    Day 2= 780
    Day 3= 188
    Day 4= 732
    Day 5= 166
    Day 6= 0
    Day 7= 1244
    FINAL: 3110