Funny running story.....

Options
Thaeda
Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
It was sunny and not too crazy cold out this morning, so I thought I would go for a run. I started out great- 5 min walk as a warm up, then started running. Just less than a mile into my run, the route I took went down hill. I was cruising along-- intentionally pressing the pace at one minute intervals (one min. hard, back off for one min). Anyway... I am listening to my tunes, feeling the downhill, loving it... but wait.... something is amiss... My sports bra feels "weird"--- and I realize that because I still (even after losing over 100 pounds) have large breasts, and because I was running downhill, and because I did not make sure the lower band of my sports bra was snug against my ribs before I left the house.... I was half way OUT of the bra- coming out of the bottom! Now, I was wearing a shirt and a jacket OVER the bra, so that was good. LOL So there I am, jogging along, trying to inconspicuously put myself back together without flashing the rush hour traffic zipping by. It was a multi-step process.... reaching under my still-zipped jacket to try to tuck things back in some, while I am jogging, trying not to lift the jacket up too much and expose the "issue".. then unzipping the jacket a little so I could reach under my shirt from the top and pull "the girls" up a little to avoid the problem happening again! Thank GOD no one passed me on the sidewalk while I was making my "adjustments"--- it was so hard to run, adjust, and laugh all at the same time!! OH MY WORD. Just too funny!

Replies

• mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hahaha happens to the best of us! I double up for fear of the girls making a break for it!

While we're sharing funny running stories... When I was younger I was running with a friend and had just gotten over a cold. I was having balance issues but couldn't figure out why. We were running downhill at a good pace and woops lost my balance and fell into a ditch full of leaves. My BFF was cracking up she thought I was being silly- I was flailing about trying to get up but was dizzy/laughing too hard. I can only imagine what I looked like to the cars going by. Turns out I had a double ear infection and the dizziness was the only symptom! Soo moral of the story, I won't judge you for adjusting if you don't judge me for being in a ditch lol
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Lol! Love the graphic image painted :)

I have a similar-yet-different problem. I no longer have anything to hold the darn thing down (probably better not wearing one at all), so even when not running if I raise my arms I end up with the whole thing nearly at my neck :) Going to have to get a onesie..
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Funny story!!! I have issues with pants not staying up! My legs are heavy and my waist is small, to fit my waist they are too tight in legs. To fit legs they are too loose in waist. I finally found some exercise pants with drawstrings to keep me going for a while.
  • Thaeda
    Options
    So moral of the story, I won't judge you for adjusting if you don't judge me for being in a ditch lol

Deal! LOL
    aylajane wrote: »
    Lol! Love the graphic image painted :)

I have a similar-yet-different problem. I no longer have anything to hold the darn thing down (probably better not wearing one at all), so even when not running if I raise my arms I end up with the whole thing nearly at my neck :) Going to have to get a onesie..

Not wearing one is NOT an option for me, but y'all go on ahead if that works-- and the onesie is a terrific idea!
    Funny story!!! I have issues with pants not staying up! My legs are heavy and my waist is small, to fit my waist they are too tight in legs. To fit legs they are too loose in waist. I finally found some exercise pants with drawstrings to keep me going for a while.

Glad you found pants that work. A few months ago I was on the t-mill at the gym and my pants started falling down- mid run! Crazy!! :)
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Oh my! That had to be uncomfortable. But funny. Glad you were able to get the girls back into their proper place without anyone noticing. :)
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Oh my! That had to be uncomfortable. But funny. Glad you were able to get the girls back into their proper place without anyone noticing. :)

WHy thanks-- it took some "finesse" but I got it done! :):):)
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this! I've had similar slippage issues but not while out and running! Good for you getting things wrangled into place!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    boomerkae wrote: »
    I loved reading this! I've had similar slippage issues but not while out and running! Good for you getting things wrangled into place!

Thx.... should add it to my list of "talents/special abilities" on my resume.... "Able to put "the girls" back in my bra while laughing and running without undue exposure" BAH HA HA HA HA HA!