Fat bombs

Options
rowclic
rowclic Posts: 19 Member
I'm wondering if anyone has a tried and true (and yummy of course) recipe for fat bombs.
I checked pinterest and some of them look a little gross.
I have to say that although part of my brain understands that as I lower my carbs I need to substitute that fuel source with fat but the other part of my brain still says fat is bad!

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My pinterest board (sorry not advertising here, i swear just sharing info) is https://www.pinterest.com/AlliWanKenobi/fat-bombs/ and I only add those we loved. So these are tried already and are way yummy!
  • rowclic
    Options
    Thanks Alliwan. Found the board and am now following. I think I'll try the Almond Joy ones first!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    rowclic wrote: »
    Thanks Alliwan. Found the board and am now following. I think I'll try the Almond Joy ones first!

Those are awesome but the credit for those goes to a guy here on MFP. He came up with those, posted them on the LC board and they are very very good!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a base formula with your own add ins.

you melt together 1/4 cup of coconut oil with 1 stick of butter (microwave is okay here, from the original recipe, but pan melting works too).

After melted, add 8 oz softened (just set out on the counter for a couple hours) cream cheese.

Then add 1 TBSP of your favorite type of flavors, then sweeten to taste.

The original recipe was for lemon, but I like it with:

1 TBSP cocoa powder
    1 TBSP cinnamon, ground
    3 packets of True Via brand Stevia (organic, non-GMO) - equivalent to 6 TBSP sugar, I think

Can chill or freeze. Will be "solid" but melts at the touch when chilled. Can be hard to bite when frozen.

I recently have decided to try to bump back my sweeteners, so next time I make this, I'll probably use 2 packets...etc. You could add any nut butter, sugar free extract, vanilla, spices, or flavoring you like/miss. Many low cal version of extracts can be found on Amazon. :)
  • rowclic
    Options
    Fantastic!! Can't wait to try some.