Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Really wish they had a like button!

Lol. I've thought that several times!
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Really wish they had a like button!
    I know crazy you have to quote everything you want to agree with. =)
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 liter Fiji water empty that is really sturdy and I keep refilling that. I always get 2 liters in usually, but sometimes 3.
  • MayorGrimby
    MayorGrimby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    I buy bottles of water, but I refill my bottle. Last time, I bought a 8-pack of 24-ounce Aquafina bottles, and I've been using the same bottle for about two weeks now. I jeep extra pony holders on it, so. Not only know which bottle is mine, but I also always have a pint holder. I refill and drink at least 3 bottles a day, which equals 9 cups.

I hate to say anything, but you may want to be careful about reusing disposable plastic water bottles. Because of the small opening, it's more or less impossible to sanitize them, causing an excess of bacteria building up in the bottle during repeated use. There are also concerns of leaching from the plastic into the water from long-term use of these bottles. Have you thought about getting a refillable bottle? I have a glass one from LifeFactory that I really like. There's also the plastic Nalgene bottles that people like.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I also feel compelled to mention that you can drink too much water. There have been people who have damaged their kidneys and died from taking in too much water. You might want to research this if you are drinking more than a gallon a day.
  • Brans34
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    I buy bottles of water, but I refill my bottle. Last time, I bought a 8-pack of 24-ounce Aquafina bottles, and I've been using the same bottle for about two weeks now. I jeep extra pony holders on it, so. Not only know which bottle is mine, but I also always have a pint holder. I refill and drink at least 3 bottles a day, which equals 9 cups.

I hate to say anything, but you may want to be careful about reusing disposable plastic water bottles. Because of the small opening, it's more or less impossible to sanitize them, causing an excess of bacteria building up in the bottle during repeated use. There are also concerns of leaching from the plastic into the water from long-term use of these bottles. Have you thought about getting a refillable bottle? I have a glass one from LifeFactory that I really like. There's also the plastic Nalgene bottles that people like.

Yeah, I have 3 already, but none I really like. I also have 6 boys, so glad bottles really aren't an option. I get a new bottle every week or so, and haven't had any problems. I understand the leaching is a concern, but I'm gonna have to hold out until there are less tornados running around the house. Thanks for the concern, though.
  • Brans34
    Options
    *Glass, not glad...