Brainstorm: Fear the Walking Dead Summer Challenge

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
Hi Everyone: Please post your thoughts and ideas here.

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here are some ideas that have already been put forward:
    I'm totally down with a Fear TWD challenge! What can we do to help? Maybe each player submit a challenge for their character and/or team prior to the onset of the season (something zombie, survival, boot-camp related); that way it doesn't always fall on Cindy to put something together the day after an episode airs. The same could be done for punishments, each team could suggest 2-3 exercies before it all starts so they're in queue, then recycle if necessary any particular team is on a winning streak.
    I will try and brain storm. I do kind of miss the choose your own adventure format.
    tj1376 wrote: »
    Choose your own challenge? Could be fun.

Cindyinpg wrote: »
    Yes. That was fun. My thoughts are to give this one a California twist. Don't know if any of you guys live there... but the stereotype is healthy, active people. Lots of outdoor exercise... fresh fruit. Something to build on there.
  • Cindyinpg
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm totally down with a Fear TWD challenge! What can we do to help? Maybe each player submit a challenge for their character and/or team prior to the onset of the season (something zombie, survival, boot-camp related)...
    I really like this. It would keep things fresh. Kind of the price of admission to submit you favourite (or most hated, lol) workout/punishment.
  • Cindyinpg
    edited April 2015
    Options
    As maphammonds suggested: we could have a list of member contributed character and level based challenges. And then maybe the winning teams or the MVPs could be the ones to pick and choose who gets stuck with what each week.

We won't know the new show's characters to be able to pick among them, but we could make teams just by fitness level or something else. One thing I kind of got thinking of was regional stereotypes and how different the cast will be with it being in California rather than Georgia and DC. Maybe our own locations can be part of out player identity or teams. Silly stereotypes and all. :smiley: So rather than be beginner Daryl or whatever, we are beginner Western Canada or Intermediate: Australia. Advanced Texas... Might be neat....
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    I will also think on it. I am really stressed trying to get my exercise room up and running right now. And hoping my aquarium will be here soon. I was given an estimate of completion of the 15th. Seals have to cure and all.

Shelley
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    As maphammonds suggested: we could have a list of member contributed character and level based challenges. And then maybe the winning teams or the MVPs could be the ones to pick and choose who gets stuck with what each week.

We won't know the new show's characters to be able to pick among them, but we could make teams just by fitness level or something else. One thing I kind of got thinking of was regional stereotypes and how different the cast will be with it being in California rather than Georgia and DC. Maybe our own locations can be part of out player identity or teams. Silly stereotypes and all. :smiley: So rather than be beginner Daryl or whatever, we are beginner Western Canada or Intermediate: Australia. Advanced Texas... Might be neat....

I like this idea! I will try and think of some more stuff later. I have a 3 day weekend, so I should be able to come up with something in that time frame.
  • aprilyankee
    aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'm in. I'd say instead of a the character/fitness level model I like the idea of a fitness level/regional model. Then maybe we can change it up later once the characters are established.

Regarding the regional category, there are lots of options. We can do it by country, hemisphere, climate, time zone, etc. I'm in Georgia, USA, literally 30 minutes from the actual set for TWD. I haven't visited yet but plan to this summer.

• Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Omg I love it! How about more outdoor challenges and as far as punishments tailoring monthly challenges to fit a weekly schedule and MVPs can earn a minutes pass for those rough weeks
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I like it. It's original and we can get to know eachother better.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'm in. I'd say instead of a the character/fitness level model I like the idea of a fitness level/regional model. Then maybe we can change it up later once the characters are established.

Regarding the regional category, there are lots of options. We can do it by country, hemisphere, climate, time zone, etc. I'm in Georgia, USA, literally 30 minutes from the actual set for TWD. I haven't visited yet but plan to this summer.
    Yep. I'm betting the majority of our players are Americans, then Canadians followed by UK and Australia... maybe a few random others. We could probably get away with four groups for USA: Western, Southern, Eastern and Northern States. 2 for Canada: East and West. (Big rivalries there too already. Lol.) Then UK, and then Aussie and New Zealand... maybe both together? Not sure where else.

• Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yay I can't wait, can someone notify me when it gets close to that time and we have the group started?
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in this, but someone will have to contact me with details. As I use my mobile app a lot, I can't access the boards often unless I am making a point to do so from home. But I am all willing to start checking boards from home every day if this is a go! :D
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Has there been a new group started for the very soon to be started Fear TWD season. I am from California and have some interesting Ideas. Been in California for 30 yrs now and California has it's own very unique set of challenges. Weather, topography, urbanization and so forth. Let me know if there is a new group for the upcoming season or if I can lend a hand on getting it started.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options