Day 3 of Phetermine 37.5 and sleep!

Options
Today is Day 3. I weighed myself last night and had lost a little over 4 lbs. since I started. I am eating approx. 1300 calories/day and working out 3 days per week. Overall, I would say that this is going great so far. However, I am experiencing a few side effects. I can live with the dry mouth. I drink a lot more water to ease that and that is not a bad thing. The other thing is sleep. I haven't had 2 good nights of sleep since starting this and, trust me, sleep is one of my favorite things to do! My question is, does it get better? Will I get used to the medication and then my sleep will get better?

I would love to hear from others taking this to know how you are doing on your weight loss journey. How much have you lost/week and your calorie intake and excercise regime.

Thanks and good luck :)

Replies

• haned13
    haned13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It does get better. It took me about a week to get used to the medicine and be able to sleep again.
  • shortie_sarah
    shortie_sarah Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Are you taking a whole pill or half? When do you take it? I'm in my 3rd week of taking it. I'm taking 1/2 pill after breakfast that way it will last all day, but not too long where I can't sleep.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I went to the health food store and asked if there was anything they would recommend for sleep. She suggested Valerin, so I got it and have been taken it two nights and it works great! I still have the 3:00 a.m. wake up bathroom call but I go right back to sleep. Just an idea - you may want to try.
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I take a whole pill in the morning and a half in the afternoon.
    I make sure to not take it after 2 or I have problems sleeping too.
  • IamKitreenaGayle
    Options
    I take a whole pill in the morning 30 minutes before breakfast. I have tons of energy all day and am eating between 1200-1500cal per day (dr said 1500 but its hard to get up there sometimes). I work out at least 30 minutes everyday (dr said i had to). I sleep like a baby every night, better than any sleep I get when Im not taking it.
  • mandimahoney5
    Options
    I am on week 3 of taking this. I am 1200-1300 cal a day. Week 1 I lost 7lb. I am down 11 lb now using this.
    The sleep bounces around. Nights 1-3 I got maybe 2-3 hours of sleep. After that I was getting maybe 5-6 hours of sleep.
    This past Wednesday night I again only got 3 hours of sleep. To not wake the hubby I have been in the living room.

Yesterday I decided to test if taking only 1/2 pill would I sleep better. Nope. Last night I didn't fall asleep until 3am. Then woke at 6 knowing I might as well get up.

The only other side effect I have been having is constipation. This week I have started to pay attention to my fiber intake. I had never art prunes before, but bought a bag ( taste like raisins). So I do 1/2 of a serving of those, then I also take a serving of fiber gummys, and then I also have been eating pears as snacks since they are high in fiber.

I have read else where to eat activia once a day, that helped others with their constipation. So I am going to pick a few up tonight to see if it helps. Oh and yes drinking 8-9 cups of water a day.